Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

Hi Pearl, were you referring to my post re the genre sheets? Thanks for your comment.

I said in my post, I’ve done all that. Creating them and naming them isn’t the problem.

I can’t access the root folder of the SMP  to put them where they need to go and can’t find any mention of how to anywhere. I’ve read that they go in the root folder of the theme on the SMP but the web portal doesn’t allow browsing of the player. I’ve got the SMP.

Rabester72 wrote:

Hi Pearl, were you referring to my post re the genre sheets? Thanks for your comment.

I said in my post, I’ve done all that. Creating them and naming them isn’t the problem.

I can’t access the root folder of the SMP  to put them where they need to go and can’t find any mention of how to anywhere. I’ve read that they go in the root folder of the theme on the SMP but the web portal doesn’t allow browsing of the player. I’ve got the SMP.

Sorry Rabester72, wasn’t responding to you. I don’t own an SMP, just a hub and a live plus so no idea how to move stuff onto that device. I would suggest you go to the SMP forum for help. As this forum is for the Live HUB, most of the people here are not going to have much experience with the SMP.

Sorry cant be helpful but good luck

-P

1 Like

My apologies. Figured this was just a themes forum as BM works on both. I’ll carry on web searching but am thinking its not doable on the SMP.

Rabester72 wrote:

My apologies. Figured this was just a themes forum as BM works on both. I’ll carry on web searching but am thinking its not doable on the SMP.

You may want to read the below thread. JoeySmyth explains a bit about installing a theme on SMP

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Live-Hub-install/td-p/528028

-P

1 Like

Thanks so much Pearl. The link software on that post looks like exactly what I’m looking for the access the player (hopefully).

*edited*

Haha spoked too soon. Their own software doesn’t discover their own kit. Even though it’s supposed to. Back to the drawing board.

thx pearl i use option # 2 and it works for me so thx again

flhthemi wrote:

wdtvhub wrote:

D:\Moviesheets$N$E

Then open up notepad and type

ren *.jpg *.

Save the notepad as rename.bat save this in the Moviesheets folder

Once you have saved all your sheets to the folder, double click the bat file and it will rename all the sheets to the same as the movie, then drop them in the root of the theme folder.

edi -  or you could have read the post two posts up :frowning:

One more line added to that batch file could also copy all the files, once renamed, to the theme folder!

ahhh wasn’t MSDOS great :wink:

flhthemi

Any idea what the additional line on the batch file should be? Would make life very simple indeed!

Not sure what flhthemi was refering to but a good chance it was just a copy or a move command if you have a drive mapped to the hub. Assuming that “X” is the drive you have mapped to the hub:

copy *. x:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme

I’m just taking a stab here. Long time since I have written batch files :smileyvery-happy:

Good Luck

-P

1 Like

pearl wrote:

Not sure what flhthemi was refering to but a good chance it was just a copy or a move command if you have a drive mapped to the hub. Assuming that “X” is the drive you have mapped to the hub:

copy *. x:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme

I’m just taking a stab here. Long time since I have written batch files :smileyvery-happy:

Good Luck

-P

Yup that should do it…been a while for me too (MSDOS)…

1 Like

can this be installed on a live hub or a gen3?

Hi All,

Hope you can offer some advice despite this being the HUB forum.  I have an SMP and I have installed this version of the BM theme successfully (reduced the size to around 15MB and uploaded it to my SMP.

I have just done my first TV Series TV Sheets using the BM V4 template in Thumbgen.  I have the four files:

Game of Thrones S01E01 - Winter is Coming.avi

Game of Thrones S01E01 - Winter is Coming.avi_sheet.jpg

Game of Thrones S01E01 - Winter is Coming.jpg

Game of Thrones S01E01 - Winter is Coming.xml

Everything appears to be ok…although the Moviesheets aren’t showing up at all!

Anybody know why?  Something stupid I’ve done? I followed the BM 1.9 User Guide for old sheets.pdf which was included in the pack.

Thanks

If as you say, you’re using THIS theme, you need to read about how to setup a Linksheet theme as they work differently.

1 Like

HI, I worked it out eventually.  It was the Thumbgen Bundle pack that was wrong.

It was in the ‘Input / Output Naming’ section that there was a mistake (not necessarily a mistake but made the SMP pick it up wrong).

Under the ‘Movieinfo export’ it had the field "$M$N$E;.  I removed the ‘$E’ part and changed the output to .xml and 'Export using WDTV Live Hub format (New fw).

Bingo.  All fixed and the Moviesheets are now showing. :wink:

Check it out…

Decreased run time as well, a little too big for me…

@Dooker,

Glad you are up and runing, but it would appear you are using the Black Mamba theme and not the “GoodBye Black Mamba (Linksheet)” theme that this thread is aboout. The linksheet version doesn’t use XML files or have the “avi_sheet.jpg” file (or at least they are named differently)

Link sheet are a totaly different concept that you can read about in this very thread if you like.

You would find linksheets much faster, through are limited by space issues on the SMP that may make it impractical.

Anyways, glad to hear you have BM running smooth with moviesheets. Certainly will make your WD device look a lot better than the defaut option.

-P

1 Like

@Pearl,

I’ve read every single post in this thread.  As I understand it I have to upgrade the WD firmware to the WDLXTV before I can have the link sheet theme installed. I’m not at that stage yet…not got the time to go through all the FAQs and gain a full understanding of upgrading the firmware.  Or is my understanding incorrect?

I did unpack the theme, remove the ‘junk’ and re zip it but it’s at 26MB.  Again, after reading that may not be enough for all other aspects to work properly. Or is my understanding of this also incorrect?

Cheers.

Well, I am going to be modifying the template and will let you all know when it is done…

1 Like

Sorry for my English. I can not find the templates Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious. Where can I download? Thanks in advance.

@Kegor-chik

They come with the theme that is linked on the first page of this thread. You have to install the bundle called “Goodbye Black Mamba by DeVicious.bundle”.

In Thumbgen click on “manage bundles” and then “add new bundles”. Once added, you will have the templates available.

Good Luck

-P

3 Likes

pearl and flthemi, thank you for being so kind and helping the folks here, that was very nice of you. I am stuck in another project right now and cannot be very useful here right now. Thanx