Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

As from my post above, “Veep.S01.E01.mkv” worked fne for me. No idea why changing the name to Veeps form Veep would be helpful

-P

hmmm no idea still doesn’t work. It just defaults to searching for “tv”. Tried searching for Veep, Veeps, even used the imdb # and it doesn’t work. Renamed my files to “Veep.S01.E01.mkv” format and still nothing. It just searches for “tv”, tried my other shows and they all work perfectly.

ok so whats best method for doing folder sheets for movie collections? I like the one DeV did of the Bourne Collection. I was using the TV and redoing it, but doesnt look as good.

@ Daerx

Do you have it in a folder of the same name, then inside that folder season 1?

I have had the “tv” do that to me when I didnt have the correct folder structure.

1 Like

dudeman316 wrote:

@ Daerx

I have had the “tv” do that to me when I didnt have the correct folder structure.

Agree with Dudeman’s commennt. It’s reading the “TV” directory above. You need to set it up with the “Veep” directory, then the season directory inside that “Veep Season One”, and then the file

I tested like this:   Veep\Veep Seson One\ Veep.E01.S01.mkv

@Dudeman - for your folder sheets, you dont even have to use a template at all. As long as your jpeg is the correct size and name it will work fine. The Sheets that Dev’s templates (and perhaps all TG?) produce are 1280 x 720 pixels. You can make whatever sheet you want it to look like in any design program (Photoshop, Gimp or my favorite paint.net), and use that as the backdrop. Go to the web, grab pics of the covers of all the movies in the series and paste them into a jpeg thats 1280x720. make all your other design mods or just copy from web and then save as the name of the folder without an extension. No need for TG or any template and you can have it look any way you want.

-P

1 Like

dudeman316 there is a template from  JoeySmyth that is simple to use ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Folder-Sheets-with-Multiple-Movies-Thumbgen/td-p/517622) , no photoshoping or graphic programs, only good for about 5 covers though, could be altered for more by reducing the cover art sizes.  I think i’m gonna work on template for the cover art of the folder, the one here i did in photoshop.  Here is an example :

Daerx wrote:

hmmm no idea still doesn’t work. It just defaults to searching for “tv”. Tried searching for Veep, Veeps, even used the imdb # and it doesn’t work. Renamed my files to “Veep.S01.E01.mkv” format and still nothing. It just searches for “tv”, tried my other shows and they all work perfectly.

Most probably the folder structure is incorrect; must be [Folder Show][Folder Season]\episode.avi

sudheer wrote:

Hi, I was trying to create the folder sheets for movie genre. I used Devicious Genre cover template to make folder sheet but it was showing up in the wrong position (please check the image) on the screen; i am not sure if i need to use full template size (1280/720) template or if i can set this position parameter some where in the theme XML. If some one has a nice template to use for genre folder view, please share the same. Thanks.

because you are using a cover as a background image, the image in the background is supposed to be renamed to folder.jpg and goes into the animation folder.

I will do a genre background this weekend that goes with the theme

pearl wrote:

As from my post above, “Veep.S01.E01.mkv” worked fne for me. No idea why changing the name to Veeps form Veep would be helpful

-P

works fine for me too now, back then when they aired the show it was not.

The problem reported earlier must have been temporary, this happens.

prophet_ca wrote:

dudeman316 there is a template from  JoeySmyth that is simple to use ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Folder-Sheets-with-Multiple-Movies-Thumbgen/td-p/517622) , no photoshoping or graphic programs, only good for about 5 covers though, could be altered for more by reducing the cover art sizes.  I think i’m gonna work on template for the cover art of the folder, the one here i did in photoshop.  Here is an example :

Joey’s solution can do the job just fine but it requires subfolders and with the mamba covers that are not generic it will look a bit weird but it works fine.

I decided to modify the Black Mamba Cover template to create subfolder cover art for movie series.  I had previously took out the runtime in cover art so it is currently not there, but can be added back in.  I also modified Joey’s template so you can use the same covers all in the same folder, instead of having to have your movies in multiple folders when using thumbgen. I only went with 5 covers since that is all i think you can easily fit on on subfolder cover art and folder sheet.  Here is an example, if anyone wants the templates let me know.  The coverart files are uploaded to small size so they are not showing up very well, but on the wdtv the quality is normal.  And FYI i just threw in an additional underworld cover art just to get to five (there is only 4 movies in the series).

folder02.jpg  folder03.jpg  folder04.jpg  folder05.jpg

prophet_ca, Please share the same, I want to give a try. Thanks!

I love it when this thing evolves into million different versions.

While I was the one offering the solution with the covers in the backdrop a legit question arises if this is the smartes way to do it? Maybe we are too focused of having covers in the background and should simply go with a representative image and some manual added text like “Matrix Triology” in the Black Mamba Font. Just saying :slight_smile:

Prophet, if you have that as a template that would be great if you could post it. I have been manually making these so I can adapt the size of the photos. Works great but it would be nice to have a template to save a bunch of time. Admitedly I do like the manual mode aspect as I can control how all aspects of the design come out which is different for each grouping, a trilogy different than a movie with th sequal etc, or something like James Bond where I opted out of using covers due the volume of movies. So not sure a template will 100% work for me but I would love to try it.

My Godfather Trilogy sheet, made manualy without TG.

@Dev, you may be right about being obsessed with the covers instead of just having a sheet with some info.Below is the Bond one I did using your template for folders and works for me without movie covers.

I am loving all the suggestions in this thread. Very helpful to have so many ideas on ways to do things 

-P

1 Like

ok these look great, I need to know how you do this in TG, someone point me in the right direction

@Dudeman, if you want to use TG and want the movie covers to be on the sheet, look above in this thread as both Prphet and Dev have given some suggestions about using a template from another theme, and it appears that Prophet is working on one.

For the pics of mine above:

The Godfather one I did manualy in paint.net, which is similar to photoshop. I just made the pic to the correct dimensions and changed the name to the name of the folder. Pretty easy if you have any skill in picture editing software. Find a picture in your search engine that you like and get it into the correct dimensions. Find the movie covers it he similar fashion and paste them over the back drop. Assuming you are using layers, flatten the picure and save the jpeg to the folder name. It’s not TG, but its very simple and you have the ultimate in control as you are not bound by a template. Once caveat is the BMFinal useds a black bar on the bottom of the folder screen that is used for the reflection. You probably want to make sure that it is there.

For the James Bond one that does not have the covers (didn’t want 20 something covers on the sheet), I just used Devs folder template. Choose the folder template, pick an movie you have and then gen in semi-auto mode. Change the backdrop by adding a picture to the fan art and choosing it for F1. Then change the title, genre and overview to whatever you want and then generate the sheet. Do your rename to the folder name and you are done. Won’t have the covers and Devs template adds a blue tint to the picture. Comes out pretty nice. 

I’d say if you can use any type of jpeg editor, just make 1280 x 720 jpeg and add the elements you want. Really easy to do untill someone makes a template that works for you, or you code one out yourself. It;s worth the learning curve with TG and some photo editing skills. My HUB went from a utilty driven box to a real stuner once I took the time to figure out a few tricks.

Good Luck, and perhaps Prophet can give you an easier answer on how to do this inside TG if you dont want to make these manualy.

1 Like

@pearl

I like your artwork on the Godfather Trilogy! Good job

Your choice of movies is also right up my street. :wink:

+1

Thanks architectonic. Im not that old but I do remember the days when we actualy had to draw stuff by hand and then scan it if you wanted it on a computer. Now with a quick search, anything you want is handed to you on a silver platter. Really makes setting up your themes and sheets easy. Image search is my best friend. That of course is a section of my “Gangster” genre, and the other is “Action”.

Thanks for the props

-P

@pearl :smileyvery-happy:

i’m not too old myself, but i also remember the ‘old’ days before computers did all the work! In my profession I also had to hand draw everything! We didn’t have scanners even back then!!!..so I guess i am OLD! :cry:

aaahh those were the good old days, but I’m all for new technology for making life easier these days! 

dudeman316 wrote:

@ Daerx

/facepalm

Heh I forget the Season 1 folder, just had the episodes in the ‘Veep’ folder. Thanks everyone for the help.