The time of breakdown, breakage

How long I can use the WD TV Live Hub Media Center if I do not turn off,

switch off his work, the radio work, or other services or movies and so on?

Is there the time of breakdown, breakage?

How long can you drive a new car before it breaks down?   Same answer for the hub.

Dude, do you lie awake at night thinking up [Deleted] questions to ask on here? You’re really good at it.

The adapter and WD TV Live Hub Media Center are very warm.

Switch it off then. It will last longer as well.

During summer I had to unplug the power cord 3 times, becouse it froze.
But I never turn it off.

As per the manual, there are THREE power states:

1. OFF

2. Standby

3. ON

Standby is a lower-power mode that won’t play video but will allow it to be accessed by another device to send files TO or FROM.

I highly recommend most people turn the device completely OFF because, as mentioned it will LAST LONGER that way.

To turn OFF:

Press the POWER BUTTON on the remote control until the white WD logo on the box disappears (about five seconds).

Photonboy wrote:

To turn OFF:

Press the POWER BUTTON on the remote control until the white WD logo on the box disappears (about five seconds).

I do this all the time, but I can still see the Live Hub on my PCs and move files back and forth to it. I think the only way to actually turn the unit OFF is to hold the front panel power switch for 5 seconds.

No, it works with the remote button, too… Just hold it down until you hear the box click OFF.

Now remember, this has the same affect as if you just yanked the power cord.   It doesn’t give the box time to close open files, so file corruption could occur…

The guarantee is 2 years

werner33 wrote:

The guarantee is 2 years

No, the WARRANTY is 2 years.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

werner33 wrote:

The guarantee is 2 years

No, the WARRANTY is 2 years.

And that has no bearing on how long it will last. Reality is, though, that it will be obsolete before the warranty expires.

It is good 

I have had mine less than a year and heve never turned it off. Now I have to press buttons on the remote 2 or 3 time to get  the unit to do anything. I have 3 devices and no it is not the remote or the batteries it is the unit. If I unplug it and let it cool over night then the remote works again for a while.

I have it it open space so has good air flow. So beware.

Ensure there is no dust build up near the fan.

With the device kept on a flat surface the rubber feet raise it up enough for air flow.

Thanks but I already looked into take. Even though it looked clean I blew it out with compressed air. No change.

Unit stays warm even when I turn it off (light off). So now I am just unplugging it every night.

Actually I have noticed something else. When I turn the unit off even though the light goes out it doesn’t actually turn off.

The fan keeps spinning and it stays warm.

Hi Steve.
In order to turn the device completely off, you need to hold the off button for more than 5 secs.
The downside to this is, you will not be able to access the internal HD through your network until it is turn back on.
The upside is that the power draw is near zero instead of the normal 10 watts draw if in standby which is when you just press the off button for a sec.
On a side note, the unit draw 11-12 watts while playing a movie stored on the internal HD.

Hum I will try that. If I unplug the unit each night the remote works fine. If I turn it off (not all the way off like you suggest) the unit starts missing remote presses.

Either way if you leave it on exclusively like I did one might start seeing remote issues like mine.