The problem with downloading files on the iPhone

I have a problem with downloading files on the iPhone. Iphone 6s system is ios 9.2.1.
No problem I transfer files from the iPhone to the cloud, but I can not download from the cloud to the iPhone. I am doing this through features of every file “download” I do not know whether the file is downloaded because I do not see it in the widget “Photos”. Does anyone have a similar problem? Perhaps the image file enrolls somewhere else? I do not know where to look for the phone. Of course, all operations performed by mobile applications My cloud ver. 4.4.2. Thanks for the help.

Hello,

Hi there, if you go to the download section on the app does it show what you have downloaded, also iOS is a really closed system, if you notice you can only upload files from the camera roll so this could be one of the reasons, of course this is in my opinion.

You likely are not doing something correctly. So, I can better help,

What are you trying to download, photo, music, document, etc and
from where on your MC?

What do you plan to do with the file once you have it downloaded?
email it? print it? etc.

Files that are downloadable are in the Download section of the My Cloud app, do you know where it is?

Your answers, please.

I wrote to wd support and gave me the procedure to restart the cloud and applications on the iPhone. Unfortunately nothing helped. Why, then, it is in general an application on ios and what it optional download? It does not make sense. Maybe someone from the met and solved the case?

I want to download a photo and documents from wd clouds on the iPhone. I know , the downloaded files are located in the “Downloads” in the cloud. I do not have them, unfortunately, on my phone (iPhone 6s) in widget “Photo” or “PDF”. Where they are located on my phone or where it have to be downloaded. I do not want them either print or share. I want them to be photos in the “Photos” and document PDF in “PDF”.

OK WD support gave their usual answer: reboot the devices. No improvement. because that was not the problem!

OK, I am going to do this in my iPhone using My Cloud app step by step and write it down fo you so I don’t miss a step. To make it even more interesting I am going to download a photo taken from my digital camera on my NAS instead of taken on my iPhone. Here goes;

Open My Cloud app, access NAS and go to the folder on NAS where the photo is located.

When in the folder you want, tap the RIGHT-TOP three-dot menu at top of screen, tap Select ,and you will now see all the photos with a check box next to each photo, Tap a box (more if you want to) to select the photo(s), and you see a menu above and tap on download to download the photo(s) to the My Cloud Download folder on iPhone. Give it time to get there, your NAS could be asleep, so it can longer than if it was not asleep. Check to see if it is downloaded.

Now, let’s go to the Download folder. Get all the way back to My Cloud first screen, keep tapping Back until you see the three-BAR menu. tap it and you see “Downloads”, so tap it, and if photo is there tap to see photo.

Now, do you see the upload icon in top-right? Tap it and email it yourself. It auto-fills-in subject and all.

Now, go to your email and get your message, and in there you can tell iPhone to save the photo to your phone Camera Roll, and it will be found in your Camera Roll.

That’s it, you’re done. Same procedure for music and docs. Save these instructions as a bookmark at the forum for yourself. WD probably has a FAQ posted for how to do this, too. See if you can find it. And, PRACTICE this a few times, there are a lot of steps to remember.

And after getting the file emailed to yourself, go back to the Downloads folder and delete the file there. They will accumulate in Downloads and take up valuable storage space on your phone, otherwise.

Lastly, if I made an error, skipped a step, or was confusing, let me know, I want to edit this post and fix it.

Ok, as you wrote, I’ve done before. When I open the image in the “download” in the upper right corner I have a box with an arrow up. When I click it, it opens me to look at the menu where bulleted: email, print and open in … When I click on email I see this image in the email but nothing I can not save only such copy, but this does not paste it to the camera roll.

So, far, so good, but you are not completing the process. OK, let’s pick up where you have created the email. You actually have to SEND the email addressed to yourself, (you cannot get the photo out of the email before you send the email).

After actually sending the email, go to your email account on phone and receive all your email messages. Email you sent should be there now, or a few moments later. Now, in your email program, open the picture to view it. at this point I hope you know how to save a picture you received by email. if not. notice the curved arrow pointing left at bottom of email, tap on that and you will be asked how you want to save picture in what resolution. Select one, and THEN, go to your Camera Roll on the phone and the picture will be there in the Camera Roll. If it isn’t let me know.

Yes it works :). Thanks for the explanation and help. Still, I am not satisfied with this settlement. In my daughters android you can download the file directly to the device without any emails and you can choose which carrier of memory (phone or memory card). It is the perfect solution. The application for the ios is poor and defective, and download practically does not work.

Good, it works. Sorry it does not work the same as an Android phone, The way it works has to do with Apple iOS, it’s Camera Roll, etc.and not the WD app, believe me. Just be glad it worked for you.

That is really a big Problem… Ive taken some videos with my DJi copter and wants to Download all videos on my iPhone. But if i choose more than one Video there are (after pressing the share button) only these two options:

• Copy
  • Delete

So i Have to download 100 Videos seperately?! what the hell… WD whats wrong here…
And even this doesnt work… I only can save pictures this way.

There is the “Save to camera roll” Button… Not for videos.

Big Problem…

And if I send the Videos (about 20 Gb) i have to download it not via network… but Via Internet.
It needs so much more time as a Local Network download.

Please fix this bug WD.

Or is there any solution guys?

Thanks a lot.

Kiwey1993