The next three months will be critical for a quality FW update

It seems that some individuals do not have an issue. However many (most?) have some issues.

Networking - Many complain of the network shares not working. Mine works 95% of the time, occasional problems with the order that PC’s have been switched on can cause problems as explained elsewhere in these forums. Pain to rectify.

Audio Synch- Many people have this issue. I have a major problem with this especially linked with BR’s. Using digital out, I have an audio synch issue. A temporary workaround is to switch to stereo out on WD and not look too closely. Not a great solution to all the people with their WD connected to a surround system outputting stereo.

Folder Issues - Doubling up of jpegs and movies in network share folders. etc etc etc.

good for you dejanrajic :wink:

as for me, i need 2 more fixes…and im happy…

1. aac audio jitter/stutter/dropout issue

2. network shares - video - jpg and video displayed.

if someone created a huge movie folder and dumped all their movies and corresponding jpgs into it…can you imagine having to scroll through hundreds of jpgs first before being able to click play :smiley:

It is amazing how op basically said exactly what I said in the feedback during registration. I could be satisfied with it, but not as of now . You mention some basic requirements that it or any player should have. I think the suggestion of neftlix compatibility is a good one as well. Thanks for pushing this issue with the WD software folks.

Personally, I don’t have many issues with the device. (Well, my unit did get SW bricked in Nov 2009…)

• I wish it had Netflix.

• Sometimes, I lose the WDTV Live on my network, and other times I lose access to the USB drive attached to it and it even becomes non-responsive on occasion. All of these things usually (for me) are rectified by unplugging the machine, waiting a few minutes and plugging it back in.

• Very rarely, I get stuttering audio (but that may change). I just stop and restart.

But when so many other people are having tremendous issues, everyone can not be wrong. Everyone clearly can not be picking some idiosyncratic format or some exotic encoding to mess the unit up. The same goes for networking.

So, even if I have not experienced these issues, it makes me very angry because if these issues are not addressed (i.e. make thing the work), certainly none of the other issues people care about (i.e. enhancing the unit and keeping it competitive) will mostly likely not happen as well.

Diacritic wrote:

If you want to play DVD discs, buy DVD player (less then Euro), if you want to browse internet, you should buy HTTP.

I don’t know what is wrong with you but it seems DVD playback limits are the top rated problem among users for good reason. How are you supposed to playback DVD files with things like chapters and menus from your network on a “DVD player?” The other players in this category are doing it right and only WD has this problem with DVD playback.

Network issue are a problem and although the last  three WD firmware releases did nothing but  effectively reduce user features, the latest looks promising specifically because WD acknowledged and is working on network problems. Addressing netwoking bugs is on the changelog so don;t say it is porblems with users’ networks! Don’t say they don’t exist when they do and WD claims to be trying to fix them.

DejanRajic wrote:

ALL my collection plays without ANY audio delay. Everything is sync well, so i ask people from WD NOT to do anything with that, cause they can only ruin this good working.

There are known and documented repeatable  problems with certain file types and sync, don’t tell wD not to fix known bugs because of your limited usage.

Why not tell !?

I am just not sure that more then 50% of WD Live customers have problems.

Are you???

How many posts here address to problems?

About 1000, 2000, 3000?

And how many devices they sold?

I can only guess, but not less then 500000.

What brings us to calculations that less then 1% has an issue.

So, why should i ask from WD to fix something that IS WORKING on my network!?

I am IT pro, Solution Developer (programmer), and have all the rights to claim that on my network everything plays smoothly. My home network has 4 PC-s with (2*Win XP/Vista/7), and everything, just everything is working well.

If i find a problem, i will post, as you do, of course.

Can this device have more features, of course.

I will be the first one to raise hand.

DejanRajic wrote:

How many posts here address to problems?

About 1000, 2000, 3000?

Its much much less than that. The number of posts are not directly related to the number of problems. Most posts are giving advice to people who have problems. The amount of actual problems on this board is extremely low and are not experienced by every WDTV owner.

“The WD Tv Live pretty much does what it claims to do.”

If it also claimed all the bugs, I’d beleive that statement.

I can’t wait for the Boxee box to come out, if it delivers on what it claims!