The New Link doesn't Work in Firefox, Chrome or when using the Android app

Hello & to whom it may concern,

I appreciate your e-mail this afternoon, but the link still doesn’t work for either in Firefox or Chrome; The MyCloud app for Android also doesn’t work either. Below is the WDC link your provided.

Can you please remedy this function ?

Thank you.

Looking forward to you getting this fixed up soon.

seems to work fine in Firefox 55.0.3 :confused:

can you let us know a little more about what you mean by does not work? I use both chrome and firefox and don’t see any issue. Also the android app works for me as well make sure you have updated to the latest version of the android app.

Thanks guys for responding and mentioning how you are using browsers to see the unit. I gave it a few days, and removed power hoping to reset the MyCloud Gen 2, only to find it takes a long time to see the dashboard of the unit on the network, regardless of whether or not I use a Mac OS/X, Windows 7, or 10 or Ubuntu Linux computer. I’ve seen the unit download in the Mbps, but now it is going slow as molasses on a 3.5Gb/s network : 115.9kB/s up to 375.9 kB/s. And also when going to a browser of any kind, after putting in the IP of it, it takes ages to login and also see the network. I believe that the unit updates the firmware when necessary. I really don’t know about whether I should keep the unit of not; I have 6TB of data on her, and need to migrate it over to my LaCie 2Big NAS which it more reliable. Any ideas what I should do to improve the performance of the MyCloud Gen 2 and have it respond quicker ?

Dude you are in the wrong section.

The links you provided and the apps you probably is trying to use are for the My Cloud Home, but seems you got the Mycloud 2 Gen. The link to setup My Cloud 2 Gen is My Cloud. Be sure you got the right app too. Mycloud and my cloud home uses different apps.

Thank you for your reply. The unit I have on my static network, is a MyCloud Mirror, Gen 2, 16TB, and is white in color, and cannot be seen in Windows Explorer, Finder, or Nautilus. It was read last yesterday, but now, it’s not even seen on the network. At this time my LaCie 2Big NAS cannot be seen easily or at all, and cannot even have data synced to it anywhere, even on the ‘net’.

After some discussion with WD support, my 16TB My Cloud Mirror Gen. 2 NAS issued still did not get resolved. I mentioned to them the following to help me troubleshoot this list of things: The NAS cannot be seen through a internet brower (Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, Opera), whether it be on Mac OS/X, Windows, or in Linux.
Strangely enough, the device is ping able on the network.
Any file browsers: Windows Explorer, Finder, and Nautilus cannot even see the WD 16TB My Cloud Mirror Gen. 2 NAS.
If I try to sign in to MyCloud through a internet browser, ‘MyCloud’ reports that it is signing in only.
If I put in the IP of the 16TB My Cloud Mirror Gen. 2 NAS, it goes nowhere.

I never had so much trouble with a NAS before. I still have 2 LaCie NAS units that are a dream.

Can someone please help ?