The network link 2 is down or has become intermittent. Check your network connection

Below is the mail that i receive everytime I start my WD in morning it is connected to the router by LAN cable

please need help regarding this

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloudMirror MAkK-WD.

Event title:Network Link Down

Event description:The network link 2 is down or has become intermittent. Check your network connection.

Severity:warning

Event code:1002

Event time:08-27-2015 06:41:11 PM

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Try to setup a static ip on the unit to see if this helps with the issue. Here is a link that might helo with the process:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11384

The process is similar to the EX4 so this should help.

Ex4 is set to static IP and get I continue to get these messages using dual NIC.

Hi Meghal

Did you ever manage to solve the intermittent network drops. I have a similar problem and have been trying to cure over the past 3 or months without any joy. I have 2 WD My Cloud devices on my LAN, one a server, one as back up, both named differently, both with fixed IP’s. The shares back up fine between the two but I am getting problems with Windows 10 as follows:-

1. Can’t access the device webpage from Egde or IE. I have to load Google Chrome to do this.

2. Constantly getting device down or intermittent connection messages.

3. Intermittent hanging when trying to access one of the devices.

Any help or advice you can give from your efforts would be much appreciated. FYI re any advice you can give, I am a relative novice with networks with only a basic understanding of IPs, subnet masks, etc but know enough to set up static IPs etc.