The fastes way to tranfer movies to WD TV Hub from a computer?

racasil wrote:

badmen, thank you.

are you saying that with the new firmware is possible to “browse” a USB drive connected to the WDTV?

• *> Actually you can use any of the firmware versions to manage files this way. The latest two versions of the firmware have added the option to create a new folder. You can see page 40 of the WD Hub manual for a description of the method. It describes managing video files, but it works with any files that the Hub recognises. Sorry for the confusion.

badmen, maybe I didn’t make myself clear.

this Copy/Move option is just to copy/move files from the hub to somewhere else.  This way I can’t move only one file from the external USB disk to the hub right?

racasil wrote:

badmen, maybe I didn’t make myself clear.

this Copy/Move option is just to copy/move files from the hub to somewhere else.  This way I can’t move only one file from the external USB disk to the hub right?

racasil, you can transfer files or whole folders from a USB device to the HUB disk or vice versa. If your USB disk is plugged into the HUB, select the FILES option from the home screen. Press the RED button on the remote. From the list pick Local Storage. Select your USB device from the list. Highlight the folder or file you want to transfer. Press OPTIONS on the remote. From the list pick MOVE, COPY or SELECT MULTIPLE if you want to transfer more that one file.

When you have highlighted the stuff that you want to transfer press OK on the remote. A SELECT DESTINATION list will appear. Select INTERNAL STORAGE to copy to the HUB disk.

You can also do this for the MUSIC, VIDEO options on the Home screen if you know you will only transfer one type of media. You can do the same to transfer from the HUB to the USB.

I hope that is clear.

the problem with me is when I plun my external HD it atamaticaly sincs everything on the external HD and I was wondering how did you do it without auto sinc? do you have to like update your version ? what version do you have? and can i just get a ust to usb and connect my computer to the HD and then like change to folder names and add the files?

vikkash7 wrote:

the problem with me is when I plun my external HD it atamaticaly sincs everything on the external HD and I was wondering how did you do it without auto sinc? do you have to like update your version ? what version do you have? and can i just get a ust to usb and connect my computer to the HD and then like change to folder names and add the files?

You just turn it off in the setup menu. I would point you to it but I’m not near my Hub right now.

vikkash7 wrote:

and can i just get a ust to usb and connect my computer to the HD and then like change to folder names and add the files?

If you mean can you connect the Hub to a PC with a USB cable the answer is no. If you have the Hub and PC connected to a network you can change the folder names and add files to the Hub over the network.