Testing the new WDTV Live Streaming

Nathan_H wrote:

So far I like it.  :wink:

If you didn’t like it, would you tell us?

fletchb wrote:

Is there an atvantage to leaving them in that raw video_ts format over iso?

The first program I use “DVDshrink” puts the dvd in the format you mention. I have a second “isoburn” that puts all those folders to the single file iso format.

Yes, there is an advantage: 1 file instead of several (folders) and you can playback with one click instead of having to go down one dir and press play. Also, DVD Shrink lets you output to ISO since pretty much forever, no need for ImgBurn.

Up to this point, I haven’t come across any real issues with the new WDTV Live Streaming.  Had the sorting problem, media compiling issues, but no show stoppers. 

I just tried to play a movie.  I selected it from the media library.  When the movie started, it was not the movie I selected, it was playing an entirely different movie.  Checked the drive, played the movie from a Win 7 PC using the WDTV as a server, worked correctly.  Tried playing it from the WDTV again, wrong movie plays.  Tried to play a different movie, and the same wrong movie starts playing again.  Ok, I use the Files menu instead of Videos and navigate directly to the file.  STILL plays the wrong movie.  I figure it has to be the media library.  I turn it off and clear the library.  Navigate back to the movie, and it plays the wrong movie.  Always the same wrong movie no matter what I select.

I finally pulled the power plug on the WDTV and powered back up.  Now it plays the movies I select correctly.

Upgraded to v 1.03.10 yesterday.

Is the film on your PC or a USB HDD attached to the WD?

Steve W

Pecker wrote:

Is the film on your PC or a USB HDD attached to the WD?

Steve W

All my movies are on USB drives connected to the WDTV via a USB hub.