"System" wake up issue

I’ve had my WD SMP for a few days now and have got it hooked up to my wireless router and streaming media from my primary PC (Windows 7) over Media Share without a hassle - all media seems to play fine.

The issue I have is that after playing a video, once I press stop or the video ends, I get a popup saying first: “Checking system” and then “Try to wake up system” which subsequently fails and I am thereafter unable to browse the Media Share until I have either restarted the SMP or disconnected/reconnected to the router.

I’m guessing it’s something to do with WOL but I have WOL set in BIOS and on my PC. I’ve set sleep prevention in Advanced Power Settings as well.

I’d really appreciate some help/advice on sorting this out as a media player that can only play one video at a time is a bit useless :cry:

This pop-up comes up on your TV via the WD SMP?   That’s interesting…

Sataere wrote:> The issue I have is that after playing a video, once I press stop or the video ends, I get a popup saying first: “Checking system” and then “Try to wake up system” which subsequently fails and I am thereafter unable to browse the Media Share until I have either restarted the SMP or disconnected/reconnected to the router.

Are you streaming using a Media Server or Network Share?

If you access a your files through a Media Server, then try accessing through the Network Share and see if the issue is the same.