System Logs

After having contacted WD Support via email to report some problems, they requested that I generate system logs and send them to support for analysis. My system contains confidential information, so security is very important to me. As a result, I decided to generate the logs so I could see what they contain.

After my own brief analysis of the logs, there is absolutely no way I will send them because they appear to contain information which could easily cause my system to become compromised. Granted, much of the logs appeared to be routine system-related information, but there is also a great deal of information that is either encrypted or obfusticated in some way. In addition, there were user names, and for all I know there could be passwords as well. This is merely speculation, but without being able to see all of the information, I have no way of knowing for sure.

Worse yet, is the fact that the plain-text portion of the information would have went over the internet with absolutely no encryption to prevent prying eyes from intercepting it.

I’m sorry, but I will not compromise my security.

Hello there,

What problems where you experiencing with your unit in particular?