System busy please wait

I installed a drive in my EX4 to use as a JBOD volume. A few days later i get a notification tha Volume_2 has failed. I powered down and removed the drive but I still get a blinking red power light with a message on the panel that says “Volume 2 failed”. The RAID volume on drives 1&2 is fine. I don’t see any way to remove Volume_2.

I plugged the drive back in but the web console always goes to a window that says “The system is busy. Please wait until the system LED turns solid blue before inserting another drive.” Before that message pops up I’m able to get to Storage and can see that Volume_2 is recognized. The front panel says “System busy please wait”. How long will the power LED blink blue now and what does it think it’s doing? All I want to do is remove Volume_2 and don’t care if the storage for the JBOD Volume_2 on drive 3 is gone. There was nothing on it anyway.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11007/~/replacing-an-internal-drive-on-a-wd-my-cloud-mirror,-ex2,-or-ex4-personal-cloud

NIce, but I don’t want to replace the drive. As I stated, i want to remove Volume_2 from the configuration.

According to WD support, you can’t remove a volume. You have to replace the drive. Oh well. Time for more WD RED drives for a RAID volume.

i have same issue. i have inserted second hdd and system shown hdd have big temperature and i need to move storage to cold place, so i have removed second hdd and now system says: volume_2 is failed. there was created system with JBOD configuration, i thought if i have JBOD then hdds should have separate configuration and i can remove any of them in any time. there is option ‘Union’. i think if you choose it then all hdds will as one, but i didn’t choose it, i just want to have separate hdds with capacity to remove in any time any of them. i think it is issue in firmware.

Make it sense?