Synology OS on WD my Cloud - new Hope

Great work from Fox_exe, Thank you. I have a 8TB Mycloud Gen2. It works booting with the USB, but then fails to initialize the Harddisk (e.g. should erase previous myCloud partitions). Error 35 . It seems that the WebAssist from the USB Stick is not capable of handling my harddrive. The error comes BEFORE the upload of the *.pat file , therefor something in the USB “Web Assistent” must be causing this.

So I tried to get into TELNET , with the Password Generator… I had to load the *.PAT file via the Synology Assistent, then it claims I should open a port 23 (Telnet) for the Support. Telnet now works. Unfortunately it does not accept User “root” and the generated Password or the 101-0101 for “no date”. Todays password would be 707-0b01 .

Is there something in the USB-Image changed, so that the default date is not 1st Jan 1970 , or the user / password combo is changed? Will there be a DSM6 USB Bootstick Option some day? It would probably be able to handle my 8TB drive. My device is seen as DS115 , which seems ok for Gen2 MyCloud.

BTW. I want to change my drive to DSM so I can use iSCSI for ESXi VMware.

UPDATE

In another thread I found it! “User / Password for login (WebGui, SSH, etc…) is root/mycloud or admin/mycloud” . It worked! It tried to mount /dev/sda1 , which did not work. So I “dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda count=1024 bs=1M” and it went on with installation, asking whether I want to migrate my data or make a fresh install. I choose “fresh”.

Thank you!.