Swapped out hard drive, Reinstall of WD Anywhere software didn't work

I recently got my  internal hard drive swapped out.  The new internal hard drive is an image of the old one, so all my documents are still intact, with the exception of a few softwares I had to reinstall like Firefox.

I had to reinstall the WD Anywhere backup software on my machine.  The installer said it found a backup folder already existed on the external hard drive - good - so I selected the option for the software to use that folder.  Now I’m trying to run the automatic backup, and it doesn’t appear to be working.

Symptoms:

The external hard drive is plugged in properly.

The icon in the notification tray continues to say “files pending backup” although I know there’s not that much new to back up.

When I explore the contents of the external hard drive, the last version of my files is time stamped at the last time I ran the auto backup when I had my old internal hard drive yet.

The File Backup Error Log has one error “Path not found, netscape folder” but won’t tell me what that path is.

Can anyone help explain what went wrong with the reinstall?  Thanks.

jebrandn wrote:

I recently got my  internal hard drive swapped out.  The new internal hard drive is an image of the old one, so all my documents are still intact, with the exception of a few softwares I had to reinstall like Firefox.

I had to reinstall the WD Anywhere backup software on my machine.  The installer said it found a backup folder already existed on the external hard drive - good - so I selected the option for the software to use that folder.  Now I’m trying to run the automatic backup, and it doesn’t appear to be working.

Symptoms:

The external hard drive is plugged in properly.

The icon in the notification tray continues to say “files pending backup” although I know there’s not that much new to back up.

When I explore the contents of the external hard drive, the last version of my files is time stamped at the last time I ran the auto backup when I had my old internal hard drive yet.

The File Backup Error Log has one error “Path not found, netscape folder” but won’t tell me what that path is.

Can anyone help explain what went wrong with the reinstall?  Thanks.

Hi,

I guess the old backup plan is trying to backup something over the internet which cannot be backed hence you getting this message or it might be trying to backup some temp internet files which might have been deleted.

Create a NEW BACKUP PLAN and that should take care of the issue.