Supression of audio channel information

Hello,

I am planning on using the WD TV Live for looping HD animations for my company’s clients.  I have three questions i am hoping i can get answered.

1. Is there a way to supress the audio track information that pops up on the screen for a second as the file starts to play? if so how?

2)  Is there a way to have a file start playing as soon as the WD TV Live powers on? I have a USB drive connected and would like it to start playing once the power up is complete.

3)  I have the settings set to repeat videos, but it seems after i start the video i have to hit the options, go to repeat and cycle through it even though the repeat video option is currently enabled.  Why is that?

Thanks.

I can answer the second question.  The WD TV won’t start playing immediately because it searches new media to index before it gears up to do anything else.  The other two sound like bugs.

mallabik wrote:

Hello,

I am planning on using the WD TV Live for looping HD animations for my company’s clients.  I have three questions i am hoping i can get answered.

1. Is there a way to supress the audio track information that pops up on the screen for a second as the file starts to play? if so how?

2)  Is there a way to have a file start playing as soon as the WD TV Live powers on? I have a USB drive connected and would like it to start playing once the power up is complete.

3)  I have the settings set to repeat videos, but it seems after i start the video i have to hit the options, go to repeat and cycle through it even though the repeat video option is currently enabled.  Why is that?

Thanks.

1. I don’t believe there is any way of stopping this info from appearing. You could add some ‘white’ at the beginning of your video so that it is not noticed.

2. There is an ‘autoplay’ function which will play designated media located in the root directory. (page 143 of the manual)

3. Don’t know but this may be overcome by using 'autoplay, above.

1 Like