Support os x el capitan

I am on 16C47A

I had some success with my MyCloud device since moving to 10.11.2 I managed to do a proper “quick” factory restore although ‘quick’ is not how I would describe it.
I then managed to transfer 485Gb to it over a few days but by Saturday it started crawling again, yesterday I was unable to delete a folder that has 42Mb in it, I was unable to make a new folder either. I just kept getting disconnects or that folder / that device does not exist messages. Uploading a 7Mb photo was back to taking a few attempts to connect properly via Photos App then about 15mins to transfer. I had done loads of the stuff in the sticky at the top of the forum ages ago as I did not need it to stream anything or share anything beyond my laptop.

It is connected to our router by a 0.5meter cable, the router is about 1 meter from my laptop so its not like I am connecting from far away. Having spent weeks problem shooting on this horrid device over the 11 months since I bought it I have now put it out of service. I have drowned it for security as I can’t delete anything and the full restore seems to take forever.

I have another LaCie one on order. None of my LaCie drives have ever caused any problems or even needed reformatted, the oldest one I still use dates from 2005. The oldest one I have that still works is a 30Gb one from 99/2000 but it is old firewire and too small to be of much use.

I am envious of those who have a working MyCloud device and wish good luck to all who are still struggling on.