Support for DVD and BluRay folder structure

Sometimes the basics are forgotten over new features, but being able to play a DVD or BluRay from a NAS share, without having to go down to the VIDEO_TS or STREAM folder.

For example, if my NAS has a share called video.  All my ripped movies are contained in folders… for example,

\NAS Name\Video\Live Free or Die Hard

On the WD TV Live, If one could go to Video-Media Server-NAS Name-Video and see the folder structure (essential movie list) and click play on the remote… bingo!

For me it’s no issue, but even that is a lot of steps for an individual who finds it easier to put in a DVD and click play.

Even better, would be the ability to go to Video-Saved Shared (a saved shared location) and bam!  Movie List visible to press PLAY!  Some ideas may seem too simple, but it would sell more WD TV Live boxes !!

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; best placed in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live & Live Plus Ideas: