Hey vett93 did you ever get this to work?
I think I know what you’re trying to do. I did this with the WD TV Live Plus and it worked great. I bought a WD TV Live and I cannot get Windows 7 media player to stream to WD TV Live. It see the folders and playlist, but when you select a folder (all videos) it says no media available. Keep in mine this worked great with WD TV Live Plus. Also, I use PlugPlayer for my Ipod and it works great also. So, I think it’s a WD TV Live issue with Wndows 7. I have PlayOn and it works with WD TV Live, so do not think it’s a WD TV Live DLNA issue.
Here’s what I’ve done just in case someone would like to try it.
- WD Harddrive
- WD TV Live
- Plug WD HD into laptop
- Include video folder from WD HD into My Video folder of Windows 7, right click and choose that option
- Turn on media streaming option from within Window 7
- Make sure Windows 7 Media Streaming option sees my WD TV Live and that it has ‘allowed’ option
- On WD TV Live goto Video, choose Media Server, find Media Server by computer name, then select it
- You’ll see all the folders and playlist
However, from here is where it stops because when I select “All Videos” WD TV Live says there’s a media.
I did see one thread that talked about the shared folders needs to have write access to the WD HD, so I’ll try that tonight. If any body has any ideas that would be great. Again, keep in mine this worked great with WD TV Live Plus. Both devices are using the latest firmware.