Summary of bugs found in 1.04.22_V firmware

To clarifty on the 5.1 downmixing problem, it only exists from DVD rips (.vob or .iso).   MKV files seem to downmix properly.  I can attest to this problem existing for analog stereo out users.  It has existed since 1.02.21 went live.  Prior to DVD menu functionality, DVD rips with 5.1 tracks were downmixed perfectly.

WD…please fix this.  This is a fundamental issue and needs to be resolved before making Facebook work…

+1 for the TOSLINK amplification issue!

Another bug I am experiencing is that music tracks are cutting off several seconds before the end of the track, at least when going on to the next track.  I’m not sure if this was a problem before the 1.04.22_V updated or if it showed up with the update.  Anyone else having this problem?

I don’t know if this is also happening with video files - I don’t normally watch all the way through the credits! :smiley:

Pictures are pixelated in Photo  Viewer.

DVD VOB files stutters. On the contrary if they are inside an iso they work perfectly.

Hi all,

I find a bug:

if I set video “output/HDMI/auto/auto/Match video framerate: Enable”, and I try to see a 640x480 xvid, playback start, but status bar stay ontop and wd is freezed, the remote doesn’t work. I have to unplug from the socket. After restart, it works.

If “Match video framerate” is Disabled, I don’t experience this bug.

Regards

+1

DanielH wrote:

+1 for the TOSLINK amplification issue!

Another bug I am experiencing is that music tracks are cutting off several seconds before the end of the track, at least when going on to the next track.  I’m not sure if this was a problem before the 1.04.22_V updated or if it showed up with the update.  Anyone else having this problem?

I don’t know if this is also happening with video files - I don’t normally watch all the way through the credits! :smiley:

I have that too with the latest Firmware and the Audioplayer.

On my side its mostly the first Track not playing from the beginnings.

If i listen to a CD Album in a row ( which i rarely am able to because of the Toslink Amplifying distortions :wink: )

i do not have that skippings then if Tracks are playback one after another.

This has not been before with elder Firmware.

With for example Musicvideos and Autoframe acivated it cuts of “several seconds” from each Video/Audio beginnings everytime a  Video changes from 50Hz /60Hz/24Hz :frowning:

Win 7 network shares aren’t working for me, they were working in the last fw. Time to roll back. Le sigh.

Small bug with “Now Playing”

Go to: tunein plugin, start playing some radio.

On screen you can see info about station, picture, some description and genre and some progress bar.

Now press Home button on remote, than go: Music - Now Playing, it show us only picture and station name.

Also bug with option menu:

Watch movie (xvid for example and sound in mpeg or something else) press option, on first icon that allow switch audio channels, it show: “No audio channel”

After moving on another icon and back to this - now it show correct info.
It looks like info for this menu doesn’t update at menu call, only after moving in this menu.
Same bug appear incase of zoom icon, when watching some lots of movies one by one (after pressing play on first). On first movie choose zoom 0.9, when player goes to second movies, press option and you will see zoom 0.9, but actualy zoom will be 1x. Movings to another icon and back allow it show correct info.

not read m2ts and mpg 

1. I agree that the Russian translation is abysmal. Find another translator and re-do it! Wouldn’t mind if you’d approach me, WD, heh…

2.  WMV compatibility is crippled. MOV comaptibility disappeared. FLV compatibility is crippled.

Bug: When you turn on auto-framerate will not let you select the 12-bit Mode.

+1

1.04.22_V no more Stereo sound on optical output.No ac3 sound, no stereo sound. I don’t have tried mp3.

I think that  5.1 downmix is broken on this firmware. I’ve rolled back on 1.3 and all works fine.

bugmetroll wrote:

Bug: When you turn on auto-framerate will not let you select the 12-bit Mode.

Not a bug its designed that way.

topic - Random doesn’t seem random any more

As mentioned before, the random function, doesn’t work good any more.

This is the case since the update from 1.03.49 to 1.04.10

In 1.04.17 and 1.04.22 it isn’t fixed.

I’m still using 1.03.49, because of this bug. (I play a lot of music, mostly random over 67000 tracks)

With Auto Frame Resolution ON, I’ve observed that the display goes dead after a few hours of inactivity. A power cycle is needed to get it back. No such isue is seen when Auto Resolution is OFF (set to 1080p24 etc).

Thanks,

-Zk

Hi,

I also have the problem that no stereo-encoded files will play any longer via optical output. Only via ordinary stereo connection. Had to downgrade to 1.04.17 to be able to listen to these files (MP3s, YouTube etc.) via optical output again. Or did I miss a (new) configuration setting? Only tried audio output settings, but neither “optical” nor “stereo” worked.

It would be highly inconvenient to connect the WDTV through analogue and optical connectors and then have to switch around on the receiver depending on the media played :(…

Hello,

just recently bought myself a WD TV Live Hub. Overall very sattisfied. A few minor issues.

One issue bothers me: not being able to login to facebook!

I get the same error, saying no network connection.

While I am very sure that there actually is one!

Is it really a firmware bug?

Is everyone experiencing this problem?

Is there maybe a workaround?

Regards,

Gerry