Sudden trouble with DLNA

— Mods, I copied this over to the networking subforum since it seemed more appropriate - you can delete the one in the general forum —

Hi,

I’ve used my WDTV live (first gen) for about a year with no issues over DLNA streaming.

Recently, however, no DLNA server can find the WDTV.   What I’ve checked:

1.  WDTV is connected to the network fine and has an IP address ( I can access my macbook’s shared folders )

2.  It doesn’t seem limited to just one DLNA server.  I’ve tried both Serviio and PS3 media player, and neither can find it anymore.

Not sure which firmware I’m on - I updated it to the latest around 2-3 months ago.  It has not changed since these have broken.

STATS:

• Device model:  1st gen wdtv live (WBABX0000-NBK)

• On firmware  1.06.16_B

• have tried resetting to factory default, did not help

• have tried power cycling both router and wdtv (entirely unplugging unit), did not help

• set static IP to WDTV (dhcp never worked for it).  Confirmed that FIOS MI424 router can ping it.

• disabled IGMP proxy in FIOS router, did not help

What else can I look for to figure out why my WDTV can no longer see DLNA servers?  Should I be looking at the router, the wdtv, or my laptop DLNA servers as the main issue?   UGH.

Media server options are only available on WD TV Live Hub

Did you miss the part where he’s already been doing this for about a year?

fhall1 wrote:

Did you miss the part where he’s already been doing this for about a year?

yup you’re right… my bad

in this case he’s also connecting to an outside media server so it does not apply my prior comment

Not sure what else can be done since OP has tried most of the steps for this type of situation

STATS:

• Device model:  1st gen wdtv live (WBABX0000-NBK)

• On firmware  1.06.16_B

That firmware is for the LIVE PLUS.