Success recover my MyCloud 3TB with fast blue blinking light after update firmware!

Dont’ know if you figure it out… if not, try this. I was stuck in these same step…

Thank you for this. You have saved me ditching a working drive and spending loads on another one.

Hi, My cloud LED was blinking blue. It is gen2. It was OS5. After following your solution step by step I am facing the problem where the the process keeps on spinning and nothing happens. Also Firmware Version at the Safe Mode window is blank! I downloaded “WDMyCloud_5.17.107_prod.bin” firmware file from the Western Digital site and I uploaded but after select Firmware file and apply, the process keeps on spinning and nothing happens. I have tried it with various router, various firmware, various browsers, various systems, reset 4sec, reset 40sec and disabled antivirus but the problem is still not fixed! The red light keeps blinking. Please help

Thanks so much for helping me fix my 4tb My Cloud drive.

Do you have any ideas how I can fix a 1tb My Cloud World Edition II?

Thanks in advance

There isn’t a “My Cloud World Edition II”. There is a My Book World Edition II which is generally a different device than the My Cloud line. See the legacy drive - other network drives subforum where maybe someone there can answer your question.

https://community.wd.com/c/wd-legacy-products/other-network-drives/35

Sorry, that’s what I meant! Ha ha ha. It’s late here in the UK. I’ll check that out.

Thanks

For the life of me… I cant seem to get past the USB boot I’m not sure if I need another USB. I’m using a SanDisk formatted to FAT32 unloaded zip file on the drive with the boot file, disconnected everything, connected the USB first, Cat6 second and power last all I get is rapid flashing blue lights no red. I’m slowly killing myself here.

Hello, I tried this solution but I have a message error :
rm: can’t remove ‘ulmage’: No such file or directory
What could I do ?
Thank you

I just did a mistake (I wrote uLmage…) :relaxed:
It’s been 15 days I couldn’t access to my files and WD support couldn’t help me, they said me to buy a new device !..
Everything is OK now, thank you so much !!

I try to recover the 2TB My cloud 2 gen…I put the usb drive into the device and I got the yellow/red blinking led…but I cannot find the device on my router…I see an IP that i think it’s the device but when I try to connect with telnet i got the error “impossible to open a connection with host on port 23”…
The IP of device is 192.168.1.255…but I think the problem is that end with 255…

anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Which “unbrick” method have you followed before putting the “usb drive” into the “device”?

the unbricking method find here:

https://fox-exe.ru/WDMyCloud/WDMyCloud-Gen2/

There are two unbrick methods in Fox_exe’s second gen single bay My Cloud directions, which one did you try? If the first one doesn’t work have you tried the second?

the first method…the second require a linux distro but I think the problem is the same because i stuck before connect to the device because it takes a strange IP that is out of range…

Access your router’s administration page and try to set or reserve a static IP address for the My Cloud then power cycle the My Cloud to see if that fixes the IP address issue.

I try it but the router give me an error because the MAC ADDRESS of the WD is ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff

It’s all very strange…

Sounds like you may need to try doing the unbick procedure again if you haven’t done so already. Wouldn’t be the first time someone had to run the process two or three times (exactly as detailed) before an unbrick worked and one could get the recovery screen for their second gen single bay My Cloud.

I try three times…the procedure is very easy…only need to put the usb key and wait the yellow-red blinking…nothing else…

I missed something?

Did you format the USB drive to FAT32?
Did you extract/uncompress the usbrecovery.tar.gz file to the drive?
https://fox-exe.ru/WDMyCloud/WDMyCloud-Gen2/_Unbricking_en.txt

1. Use any USB Flash drive, format it to FAT32 (Important!)
2. Unpack usbrecovery.tar.gz to this drive (You will get "boot" folder and 4 files inside)
3. Plug this USB drive to WD MyCloud, turn on power. Wait yellow-red (blinking) light.
4. Connect via Telnet (Search IP in your router, unde DHCP section.)

i try with another pc and i got the IP…now i flash the original firmware and it reboot…how many time to wait to have the blue led solid? It’s about ten minute that flashing but I think it’s normal no?

Thanks for your help.