Subversion

Anybody tried to run Subversion?

If yes, how is ur experience?

Try posting a brief explanation of what the service does.

If other users have not tried might consider trying it and share their experiences with other members of the community.

Subversion is an open source software for software version and revision control. This is similar to the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).

I’m surprised and a bit worried that the WD staff has no idea what Subversion is.

Latest subversion works great for me. I’m using svnserve server, not apache module.

Subversion is not the only VCS. They can use git, for example.

bogdi1988 wrote:

Subversion is an open source software for software version and revision control. This is similar to the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).

I’m surprised and a bit worried that the WD staff has no idea what Subversion is.

These are WD customer service reps not R & D developers. When they become aware of any flaws that are reported by users in this forum they simply pass that information up the chain. They also attempt to help users with advice but if you notice when theres a serious issue they’ll tell you to contect WD Customer Support, this website is simply a community of users trying to help each other and or passing along ideas.

LinAdmin wrote:

“I’m surprised and a bit worried that the WD staff has no idea what Subversion is.”

If you have spent some more time here you will no longer be surprised.

Don’t worry - be happy : P

This is meant to be a  USER to USER forum as you have been told countless times by multiple users at that. If you have an issue contact WD Support via telephone or email. Otherwise please stop insulting and attacking the very few WD reps that do occasionally visit the forum.

TonyPh12345 is a respected member of this forum that has helped hundreds including myself. I feel the need “react” because like him I’ve noticed that you are annoyingly persistent at providing people with misinformation and biased opinions about WD thus poisoning the forum. You that needs to be stopped at its tracks all means possible. You go on and on about how the WD firmware is unstable and yet if I was to go through your posts would I find that you’ve made extensive modifications to your device? You are obviously not an expert nor am I but can you say with 100% certainty that your modifications aren’t the direct cause of some of the flaws that you clam only you are experiencing? WD is making an effort by alerting its customers that there are issues with the MyCloud and if you can read they have also said that those issues are being corrected.

“However, tell me if you are paid by WD or a colleague of TonyPh12345 or why do you feel obliged to react to my innocent text???” 

No like many others I occasionally come to the forums to help people in essence to give back to the community.

No offense to anyone, but when you do customer support for a tech company, you should be at least a tiny bit tech savy… When you hear of something you don’t know what it is, your BFF is just a tab away - Google. It just looks REALLY BAD asking what it is…

as an IT employee, I’d feel pretty bad if my customers would come with questions and I’d reply - what is that? but hey! we are all entitled to our own opinions :slight_smile:

so, let’s get back to topic. Subversion! :slight_smile: