Subtitles time correction

Hello,

It would be nice if we can do subtitles time correction. Sometimes subtitles are not well synchronized with speech and it is essentila to have option to adjust this.

Thanks

Nikolay

Actually , the device has this feature. Just press to right arrow or left arrow at the navigate buttons depending if you want to have subs being quicker or slower also - or +.

Guess some people don’t like to read manuals.

please paste the instructions for subtitle synchronization because i dont find in my manual.

Thank’s

Due to the fact that this idea was already an option on the device, I moved this thread to here so others may learn from it.

dhedes,

Why would you need to have instructions pasted if the solution has already been given by Waldema. 

Probably cause he found the complaint about people not reading manuals unjustified. As do I cause I haven’t found any mention of this in the manual either. I’ve also always thought left/right during playback was for setting audio delay and not sub delay (can’t test right now cause I lend my Live to a friend over the WE).

Its not in the manual but it does work.

Hi, my problem is that time correction seems not working for me. I just don’t see any effect. Do I need restart the movie or something? I use .srt subs.

ubeck wrote:
Hi, my problem is that time correction seems not working for me. I just don’t see any effect. Do I need restart the movie or something? I use .srt subs.

What firmware are you running?

I use 1_02_21. Afaik it’s the newest one. But it didn’t work even before update.

Do you see anything on the screen when you press right or left arrow (IIRC it is something like “Subtitles -100ms” … then try to crank it up to a couple of seconds, then you should notice a difference (unless the subs are burned into the movie)

Cocovanna

ubeck wrote:
I use 1_02_21. Afaik it’s the newest one. But it didn’t work even before update.

If you’ve done a firmware update, you’ll need to do a reset to get everything working as intended.

Try the following in sequence:

1)  Hard Reset

Press the reset button on the side of the unit.  Unit will reboot. 

2)  Reset to Factory Defaults

Go to Settings > System Setting > Reset to Factory Defaults.  Unit will reboot. 

3)  Power Cycle (aka ‘Pull the Plug’)

Unplug the power cord from the unit.  Let it sit without power for 5-10 minutes.  Plug the power back in and the unit will power up.

The above is currently mandatory following firmware changes as sometimes things don’t “bed-in” as they’re meant to. It’s worked for me in the past when certain features introduced in a new firmware didn’t appear as expected.  I suspect that it’s a flaw in the firmware update procedure.  

In any case, try the above and see if that gets your sub time correction working.   And welcome to the forum!  ;)