Subtitles always turned off message on video start

I’ve stored movies in WD MyBook Live and use the default twonky 5.0 media server to stream. I have .srt along with the video file and it has the same name as that of video.

Whenever i start to play the video i see a message on top left of screen saying - “Subtitles Off”. I’ve enabled subtitles from the options menu of WD TV Play but still i don’t see the subtitles.

How to get it working ? 

Hello,

while the movie is playing, are you able to press options and turn the subtitles on?

Are you locating the subtitles on the same folder as the movie?

Subtitles are in the same folder with the video and same file name. When I press options button i dont see any subtitles option. Can you please let me know how can i do this?

I’ve turned on the subs from the main settings menu.

Subtitles are in the same folder with the video and same file name. When I press options button i dont see any subtitles option. Can you please let me know how can i do this?

I’ve turned on the subs from the main settings menu.

Is this USB or DLNA?

If it’s DLNA, it’s not likely to work.  It all depends on which media server is being used.

It is DLNA, video is stored on Mybook live which has twonky media 5.0. Is there any advantage in getting twonky updated to 7.0+ . It is worth getting a license for 7.0 ?

I dunno.  Never needed to do that myself.  But I never use external subtitle files, either – all subtitles I have are muxed into the media file.