Subtitle setting is reset to OFF frequently

As stated in the header, the WDTV Live resets the subtitile setting is OFF by itself once in a while.  In particular after any configuration change (unrelared to subtitile ON setting) then power down.

While at it, I wish WD supports Vietnamese font and bigger font size in the next firmware.

Which firmware are you using?

I’ve noticed this in the 1.02.14 prerelease but don’t recall it happening in .11 or .17 (didn’t run 0.24 for long enough before the prerelease came out).

I have 2 WDTV Live units, both running 1.01.24.  One is wired, one is wireless. Both experience the same subtitle absent-minded problem, and they are not that old yet.

Zetty,

The end of your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

Zetty wrote:

As stated in the header, the WDTV Live resets the subtitile setting is OFF by itself once in a while.  In particular after any configuration change (unrelared to subtitile ON setting) then power down.

While at it, I wish WD supports Vietnamese font and bigger font size in the next firmware.

Have you noticed a particular configuration change which makes this happen. I assume when you say power down you mean going to standby.

The pre-release firmware has larger subtitle font sizes if thats what you want.