Sub Folders for Camera Roll Backup / Cloud Backup

I’m considering taking this back to Best Buy because of the lack of feature support for:

1. Cloud Backup - if this drive fails I’m screwed, so need to be able to have a backup service like iDrive or BackBlaze connect to it

2. Camera Roll phone backup - it just dumps your photos and videos in a folder without any sub folders for month or year, so it’s a total mess to sort through. How can you automatically create subfolders — and if not, how do I configure the PhotoSync app to do so?

3. I need to copy my iPhoto library over - what’s the maximum file size supported?

Be careful with depending on this to maintain the iPhoto library.

Hopefully someone from support will directly comment on its reliability. However, I have been on the phone with Apple Support the last two days trying to back up a corrupted Photo’s library/a new library to this drive and the rep was extremely reluctant to suggest the library would be okay on anything other than a properly Mac formatted drive. He said while it may copy that it’s possible to lose any created photo books and stuff like that. Apparently the library is extremely finicky, which I have also read from other sources.

So instead what I have done is exported the originals to this drive, and have left the time machine backup with the iPhoto and Photos library on a separate WD My Book drive that has a partition formatted to OS Journal.