Stuck in 'Read-only'

Not sure if this is an MBL problem, or a WDTV Live SMP problem.

I updated my SMP this morning and since thenI have a problem.  To add items on the MBL to my Media Library the MBL can’t be set to ‘Read-only’.  Previously, no problem.  Pre-update, all was working well.

Now the SMP won’t/can’t add items in my MBLs as they’re set to ‘Read-only’.

If I go into each MBL and CTRL/A (select all) and right click, the ‘Read-only’ box ISN’T ticked.  But if I just right click shared videos the ‘Read-only’ box IS ticked.  If I un-tick it and Apply, then click ‘Okay’ then right click Shared Videos again, the ‘read-only’ box has re-ticked itself.

Any ideas?

Steve W

Since it happened after updating the SMP, then I say it’s a problem with the SMP. What if you factory restore the SMP?

Steve, are you trying to add the whole SERVER?  Or is it telling you that the individual SHARES are Read Only?

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Just the individual share.

If I bring up the MBL on the network I initially see ‘Public’.

Go into that and I get the folders:

Shared Music

Shared Pictures

Shared Videos

Software

If I highlight all of those (‘CTRL’ & ‘A’), then right click & Properties, then Read-only in NOT toicked.

If I just right click on Shared Videos (which is the only one I want to add) then Read-only IS ticked.

If I un-tick it, then Apply, and exit by clicking ‘Okay’, if I right click Shared Videos again I find that Read-only is still ticked.

Steve W

It’s TICKED?   Or “Squared”?

Note the text next to the box.  When you select ONE FOLDER, it says “Only applies to files IN this folder.” … and a “Block” means that some files ARE read only, some are NOT.

Windows clients are not allowed to change permissions anyway, because permissions are handled by the SERVER.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

It’s TICKED?   Or “Squared”?

Note the text next to the box.  When you select ONE FOLDER, it says “Only applies to files IN this folder.” … and a “Block” means that some files ARE read only, some are NOT.

Windows clients are not allowed to change permissions anyway, because permissions are handled by the SERVER.

Tony, I suppose it’s ‘squared’. Yes, that’s what the text next to the box says.

The ppoint is, up until this latest update, it wasn’t a problem.

How do I fix it?

Steve W

i update my firmware yestuday

and i have the same problem

all files in all folders and shares cant be mark as read only.

i have a backup software that copy any file that mark as read only.

since i update the firmware, the backup didnt work.

how can i get the orginal firmware?

i update my firmware yestuday

and i have the same problem

please help!!!