Stuck getting content info

Setup:

• WDTV live Streaming

• Current Firmware

• D-Link DNS-320

Problem:

• After adding the shares to the Media LIbrary, the device is “stuck” at getting content info and even if I let it sit for a full day, it never completes (I don’t have that many videos for it to take too long).

• Second problem is that the WDTV doesn’t seem to retain the NAS info.

• Third issue is network browsing seems to be VERY slow

Attempted fixes:

• Both devices are set to a static IP and are on the same switch

• I enabled the uPNP AV server on the DNS-320 and am able to stream that way, but would like to have the shares permanently added

• I’ve verified rights on the shares countless times and able to access (read/write) from other devices without issue.

I am at a loss to these issues and I hope someone can help me get it squared away.

For the first and third issue, try rebooting the SMP.  Hold the power button for 5 secs until the light goes off.  If that doesn’t work, try doing a factory reset.

As to the 2nd issue, yes this is a known issue and is because the SMP doesn’t cache to the NAS like it does to an attached drive.

Tinwarble wrote:

For the first and third issue, try rebooting the SMP.  Hold the power button for 5 secs until the light goes off.  If that doesn’t work, try doing a factory reset.

As to the 2nd issue, yes this is a known issue and is because the SMP doesn’t cache to the NAS like it does to an attached drive.

Thanks for your reply … tried your suggestion to no avail … I’ll try the process again just to make sure I did it right.

To the scond point, is that something being worked on or do I need to look at attaching my NAS to the USB port?  I had a different SMP in the past (different firmware) and I don’t remember this issue… but could be forgetting.

You also need to make sure that your share folder has the permissions set correctly.  Should be set for Everyone/Read & Write.

As for if it’s going to be fixed, your guess is as good as mine.  WD does not announce what will be fixed, but if it worked fine before, you can always rollback the firmware to the one where it was working for you.

Tinwarble wrote:

You also need to make sure that your share folder has the permissions set correctly.  Should be set for Everyone/Read & Write.

As for if it’s going to be fixed, your guess is as good as mine.  WD does not announce what will be fixed, but if it worked fine before, you can always rollback the firmware to the one where it was working for you.

Yep I’ve double and triple checked permissions on the share and they are set right.

I may have to rollback, unfortuantely I don’t remember what version it worked on.