Stuck after Firmware upgrade attempt - Please Help

Because the Player has been having a lot of trouble with playing media files latterly I opted t upgrade the firmware. I downloaded the last test version at Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support . I extracted the Zip file and copied the 3 files (wdtvlivehub,bin, wdtvlivehub.fff & wdtvlivehub.ver ) to the root of a USB drive and then plugged that drive into the WD Media hub. I was prompted with a new choice on the main screen about firmware update so I selected it and started the update. After a reboot I got a warning from WD saying the update was not official WD Tv but a 3RD party and the only option was to hit OK. After I get another prompt asking me if I want to update the firm ware and the version shown indicate that the firmware has not yet been updated so I selected OK and I am now caught in a loop of this. I have tried unplugging and re-booting it but I get to teh same screen and it matters not if the USB drive is plugged in or not. I tried pressing the RESET button on the bottom side of the player but it is unable to get me past this same screen.

Surely a firmware update Downloaded from Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support? is official Western Digital yes? If so why is it telling me I am installing 3rd party/unofficial WD software?

At this point I can’t get the Media hub to do anything but show that same message about updating. Please help

Hi @edcarden,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I was stunned by your affiliation.