Struggling with recovery

Thanks Gramps.

Middle option fixed the storage the 3rd time around… Trying 3rd option now.

My MD5 has is: 46649c0b8acca02c6544514e5c99bd4c EMEA_SvrRecovery_1_7_5_17.iso

Which matches up with the MD5 in this thread: WD DX4000 Sentinel Recovery Disc - #3 by Paully

UPDATE: Third option worked and I’m not in the actual recovery phase where I am resetting the device to factory defaults and deleting all data (formatting drives).

My steps so far have been to:

1. Download the recovery ISO in this thread: WD DX4000 Sentinel Recovery Disc - #3 by Paully
  2. Mount the ISO with windows 10 and run “SETUP.EXE”
  3. Create a recovery disk with a 16 GB USB thumb drive using the second/middle option of “Recreate my storage”.
  4. Plug the USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports and press and hold the reset button on the back while powering on the device and following the instructions on the recovery utility presented on my computer. (This part took 3 attempts… the first two failed/hung.)
  5. Once the storage was recreated successfully, I created a second USB thumb drive recovery using the SETUP.EXE utility’s third/last option of “Perform a recovery” and followed the same steps as the “recreate my storage” above.
  6. Once recovery was complete, I followed the steps to reset the device to factory defaults and then format the disks. (Leaving the data was an option.)

I’ll provide more updates as the process continues and update the steps taken to be complete if successful.