Streaming Video Question

Greetings,

I bought the Livewire and it works great from a pc to router perspective.

However, I was hoping to be able to capture an HDMI signal from my satellite receiver and send it to a television located in another room.  Is that even possible?  I guess when I bought the product I saw the mention of carrying video across the network / eletrical wiring and I assumed that meant “any”  video.  It would appear that it needs to be generated by a computer or other ethernet-connected device.  Any ideas on how I might be able to make this work are appreciated.  I had previously looked into wireless video transmitters.  There are a few that seem decent, but I definitely prefer wired.

Also, am I correct in understanding that if I buy another set of Livewires that the two new units will receive data from the two existing units (one of which is connected to my ISPs router)?  Is there any limit to the number of LWs that I can have in my network?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Don

Not sure how you should address the original purpose.  If not an HDMI extender then maybe doing something with a Slingbox?

Anyway, yes, you can add additional Livewire adapters (or any HomePlugAV rated) powerline adapters.  And I would guess the number of adapters used would be limited only by the number of appropriate electrical plugs.

if all you want to do is view the video stream from the directv reviver it has to be hdmi net work enable directv has software for the p.c and for the ipad to record off video for archiving you have to go analog and use a composite video tuner or composite usb capture you could try screen capture off the pc