Streaming question

Hi Guys,

Complete newbie to this forum and was wondering if someone can answer my question using wd kit as I class it to be the best around

currently have a wd live tv hub hardwired from my router hdmi’ing into my lounge tv

I want to link all my media on that onto my bedroom tv, what the best/most cost effective way to do this ?

Is there anyway to play the unit in the bedroom if the lounge unit isn’t on ?

Don’t know how to do it without making a main media server off a static PC - which im trying to avoid ?

Can my wd live tv hub be my main media server ? And yes I know its risky without having a back up but I don’t care about my media files - if I lose them i lose them so no dramas there

nzwdguy wrote:

Hi Guys,

Complete newbie to this forum and was wondering if someone can answer my question using wd kit as I class it to be the best around

currently have a wd live tv hub hardwired from my router hdmi’ing into my lounge tv

I want to link all my media on that onto my bedroom tv, what the best/most cost effective way to do this ?

You need another WD media player at the bedroom TV.  The two WDs need to be properly networked and shared, etc.

Is there anyway to play the unit in the bedroom if the lounge unit isn’t on ?

_ Both WD players must be on. _