Streaming Problem

I have my WD Live TV Hub connected to my network with a wireless usb adapter.

I have 2 PC’s on the network, and they can both add files to the hub’s HD, but when I try to sync a media server from the Hub, only 1 PC shows up, and it won’t allow me to connect because it tells me that my username/password is incorrect.

The PC that it does show, doesn’t have any password protection, and I even tried adding a password to my user account, but the Hub still wouldn’t accept it.

Both PC’s are running windows 7.

I’ve tried resetting the network passwrod data and have DLNA, and Netwrork Share Server both set to On.

I don’t mind copying files to the Hub, but I bought it under the impression that the built in HD was a bonus, not a necessity, as I thought I would be able to stream video already saved on either of my 2 PC’s through a wifi connection.

Does anyone have any tips, or am I asking it to do somthing it isn’t capable of?

There does appear to be a problem with Windows 7 & media players.   You can try this registry edit:

Click Start and type Regedit in the search and click Regedit.exe

Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa</font>

1. On the right side Double Click on everyoneincludesanonymous and in the window that pops up, change the value data from a 0 value to a 1
2. Double Click on NoLmHash and in the window that pops up, change the Value Data from a 1 value to a 0
3. Now navigate to the following location in the registry editor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters

Double Click on restrictnullsessaccess and change the 1 value to a 0

Reboot your pc and you should now be able to connect to your pc.