Streaming music on computer remotely

Hey guys 

I have a very large library of music which i have uploaded onto my MyCloud. When at home i can access my music easily through itunes and on my Android is also fantastic because of the MYCLOUD app music player. I was wondering how i could stream the music on my macbook when im not at home? The mycloud app for mac dosent stream, u can only download the music from the app. Is there anyway that i could stream the music over the internet? 

regards

VItamin-B wrote:

Hey guys 

I have a very large library of music which i have uploaded onto my MyCloud. When at home i can access my music easily through itunes and on my Android is also fantastic because of the MYCLOUD app music player. I was wondering how i could stream the music on my macbook when im not at home? The mycloud app for mac dosent stream, u can only download the music from the app. Is there anyway that i could stream the music over the internet? 

regards

VLC seems to stream and not download (over wireless and 3G, from outside my network. I am at work). I use FTP to do that.  There might be other apps you need to check what they are capable of.

I have no problems when streaming my music on itunes when in my network but cannot do It as soon as I try to login remotely.

I appreciate any inputs.

Cheers!

art.us wrote:

I have no problems when streaming my music on itunes when in my network but cannot do It as soon as I try to login remotely.

I appreciate any inputs.

Cheers!

Did you setup your cloud for remote access? If you did, can you you use mycloud app and login? mycloud app will paly some known format.

I enabled FTP on my mycloud, opened ftp port on my router and I use VLC or VidOn  to connect via FTP to play video music etc.