Streaming DVD ISOs

I’ve got a WDTV Live Plus.  I got it because of how it supports the playback of full DVD navigation in ISO format.  I’ve tested out a few ISOs on a WD passport drive connected to the box with USB and they all playback fine.  Ultimately I want to be able to play them back over my local network with from some sort of media server.  I’ve been searching online for the best option for this.  My first question is does DLNA even support the streaming of ISOs because I’ve been getting mixed answers from my searching.  Second, if I’m forced to access my ISOs as a network share, will it be fast enough to stream the ISOs over ethernet.  I would love some people’s opinions on this.  I’m trying to find a solution for both me and my dad when I go home for Xmas.  Thanks!

My first question is does DLNA even support the streaming of ISOs because I’ve been getting mixed answers from my searching.

Don’t think so. You could mount the iso, giving you a directory structure with VIDEO_TS, making it possible to play the content  (without menues though).

Second, if I’m forced to access my ISOs as a network share, will it be fast enough to stream the ISOs over ethernet.

Should work without problems. I prefer network shares over dlna since the latter has huge problems (bandwidth on wireless) when e.g external subtitles are involved (with external media server), i.e remuxing etc.

Cheers.

I have no problems streaming dvd iso’s on the network share.  I only run into problems when I stream bluray iso’s.  Still trying to figure that one out.

DNLA does not support streaming ISOs so you gotta use network shares.