Stream itunes TV shows and movies

Hi,

I am wondering if I can stream TV shows and movies that I buy from itunes to the WD Live Plus using a Windows 7 machine. I have searched the forums but don’t seem to be able to find a definitive answer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bertwrench

The “FORMATS” are compatible, but if they are DRM’d, then they aren’t going to work.

Thanks for the reply. I’m assuming that movie and tv shows that one purchases from itunes are DRM’d, so if I understand you correctly then, non of the movies or tv shows purchased would play, only unprotected items like videocasts. Thank you for your help. 

Wow, I’m not trying to be funny, but that’s true convergence if it works!  Apple iTunes streamed by Microsoft’s Windows 7 to Western Digital’s Live.  True convergence!

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren’t making fun of me. I thought that maybe someone here had come up with a work around for playing itunes stuff on the Live. The frustrating part about it (and I have ipods and use itunes) is that it is a simple “fix” for all of us to have that true convergence. I can play videocasts from itunes with Windows Media Player just not anything DRM’d.

Basically, I have been trying to decide between the Live and apple TV, and I think I am going to go with the Live. I have played one episode of a show from TLC that we like, one downloaded from Amazon and one from itunes and Amazon’s standard def. looks better than itunes SD, and it looks like Amazon is getting more HD shows and movies to compete with itunes. It appears I can stream Amazon purchases that I download to the computer to the Live through Windows media center or Windows Media Player. I am also getting a TV tuner for my computer to use it like a dvr since I’m not always around to watch TV shows I like. (We gave up our expensive cable while I go back to school),

The Live will also do many other things that add value, so, anyway, it appears that overall the WD Live Plus will allow me to do more than the apple TV will.

I have an Apple TV and I went to the Live (went with three, actually).

It’s better in nearly every way (surround sound being a huge factor – the ATV is limited in that MP4 cannot do DTS surround).

There are several NAS drives out there that media serve iTunes.  Have you tried something like, through the WD TV Live, or do they only work with music?