Strange win7 x64 ""This Network Share Cannot Be Accessd"

I have two win7 x64 machines at the (from what i can tell) exact same specs, one I can brows the Network Shares, the other i cannot!

I have two win7 x64 Utimate machines on a wired 1000base-T ethernet network… One connects just fine and i can see/view all my media with the WDTV Live by going to “Video>Network Shares>HTPC”. The other one, is running through the same router (Cisco/Linksys E3000) but when i click on it in WDTVLive (video>Network shares>Flesch) it says “This Network Share Cannot Be Accessd”

I have read every thread on this forum and alot of other forums as well. Ive tried everything.

The only difference I can find between the two computers is this:

On both computers, the WDTVLive shows up in “NETWORKS” under “Media Devices” showing as WDTVLIve. But on the computer that works fine with WDTV, WDTVLive also shows up in the “Computer” section as well!?

Not sure if this makes a difference.

The two computers can interact with eachother on the network just fine

Here are the specs of each computer below:

win7 machine #1 settings: (this one connects to wdtv live just fine)

Workgroup name = Home

Computer Name= HTPC

Full computer name= HTPC

–advanced sharing config—

network discovery = on

file and printer sharing = on

Public folder sharing = off

Media streaming = off

128 bit encryption = on

Password protected sharing = off

Homegroup connection = User accounts and passwords to connnect to other computers.

Windows Firewall is On with Default settings.

No Antivirus or Anti Malware is active.

machine #2 win7 x64 ultimate (this one doesnt connect to the wdtv live)

Workgroup name = Home

Computer Name= Flesch

Full computer name= Flesch

–advanced sharing config—

network discovery = on

file and printer sharing = on

Public folder sharing = off

Media streaming = off

128 bit encryption = on

Password protected sharing = off

Homegroup connection = User accounts and passwords to connnect to other computers.

Firewall is on at default settings, no virus or malware software on this machine.

The WDTV HD Live is set to:

Workgroup = Home

Share your WDTVLive on network = On

Network Name = WDTVLive

Workgroup Name = Home

Auto login to network Shares = on

WDTV connects to the internet just fine, and i downloaded the new firmware today.

Sharing/security permissions on all the shared folders have been done in the same way:

-Sharing with “everyone” annd “administrators” with full read/write/change access

-unticked the “include inheritable persmissions from this objects parent”

That last line may be the clue…

If you share the main FOLDER, everything underneath needs to inherit those permissions.

hey! thanks for the reply.

So i ticked the inheritable properties checkbox, rebooted all machines, and still nogo.

I have PS3 Media Server running on both machines now, and everything works fine, but I would really like to just be able to access network shares instead of using a media streamer…

any more idea’s would be great! thanks again