Strange Invisible Folder

Hi, I was having a look at the Twonky Server setting and checked the Share section. To my surprise, apart from a few media folders that I’ve created and the Public folder, I saw one folder that I didn’t create.

Strangely the folder name looks to be in Chinese as well!!

If I connect the NAS from my Mac or via My Cloud, that folder is not shown at all.

Are there any ways I could delete that folder?

Thanks in advance.

Do you see that folder in dashboard web file viewer?

Sorry but I don’t see any file viewer in Dashboard though. Something I’ve missed?

I have My Cloud Desktop installed and I can’t see that specific folder, if that’s what you meant. I could only see it if I’m in Twonkty Server, Sharing section. It’s one of the folder that’s already marked share!

Dashboard file viewer can be view in the Apps Section. Web file Viewer

I never tried and see what that app does! But apparently it was a MP3 music which was already in the system months before I bought the My Cloud!
It’s a mystery but at least now there’s a way to delete it.
Many thanks.

I’ve spoken too soon… even though I could see the folder and the file inside, the functions are all greyed out. I went into Twonky Server and made sure that folder isn’t shared already.
Any thoughts?

OK, here are a couple of screenshots from Web File Viewer:

How could I delete the folder?

What should be done: switch off the device, press and keep holding reset at the back of device while switching on the unit and wait for 40 seconds, then release the button and done. But dont try to upload your configuration file back (if you did and have) as this will return the same issue. Unfortunately settings should be set from the fresh point.

I had the same issue and only that act helped me. But this can return again, I think this happens sometimes if you take one of disks out while in operation.

I did google and it seems to be part of an old Chinese poem! Kinda a Zen poem as well.
Just strange that it’s there before I bought it. Probably it’s something they did when they assembled the unit back in China.

If this issue can return, I don’t think I’ll do the 40sec reset. It’s just weird that I haven’t removed one of the drive like you mentioned as well but thanks for your input. :slight_smile:

Hi, unfortunately this issue returnable, for me. Sometimes this also related to connection (LAN) interruption while in operation.