Strange Audio Sync Issue

I recently replaced my two WDTV Live+ boxes with the new Live SMP.  So far I like the new boxes much better, however I just ran into a strange audio sync issue with only one of my MKVs.  The strange part is that the audio sync issue is only on the system that has the audio out to my receiver via optical; the other system configuration the receiver gets the audio via HDMI.  The other strange part is that the audio sync issue (and it’s about a 200ms lag) is only with one movie (national lampoons christmas vacation).  All other movies that I’ve played, play just fine on the same system with no apparent audio lag.  Also, I don’t recall having this issue with the previous WDTV Live + that was previously set up the exact same way.

Media info for the file is below, but I have a feeling that there’s something about the file and how the SMP is handling it that’s causing the sync issue.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

General
Unique ID : 25298908008332461071899050009659437371 (0x130864778F97247C4AE2CD80CBEBF13B)
Complete name : V:\GROWN UPS\HOLIDAY\NATIONAL LAMPOONS CHRISTMAS VACATION.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 12.7 GiB
Duration : 1h 37mn
Overall bit rate : 18.7 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-11-17 02:05:22
Writing application : MakeMKV v1.6.16 win(x64-release)
Writing library : libmakemkv v1.6.16 (1.2.0/1.1.0) win(x64-release)
Video
ID : 1
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L3
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Bit rate : 18.1 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.365
Stream size : 12.3 GiB (97%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format profile : Dolby Digital
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 133 MiB (1%)
Title : 2/0
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

How about a quick remuxing on MKVMerge?

Thanks, and I might try that. 

However, I re-ripped again before posting using MakeMKV and had the same problem; original rip was using DVDfab.  Once again, there are no audio sync issues with the same file when played on the other SMP box that has HDMI for both video and audio, nor any issues on my Samsung TV using it’s internal media player.  And, the SMP box that’s exhibiting the problem only does so with this file and works perfectly with all the others that I’ve played.

When I get a chance, I might switch the two SMP boxes, but suspect that the behavior will be the same.

I was hoping that the firmware update would fix this problem, but still there.  :frowning: