Storage Expansion

I have almost filled my WD MyCloud 3tb drive and need to expand storage. It seems a waste to migrate everything to a larger NAS device and have the 3tb device just laying around. Looking for solutions:

1. Is it possible to daisy chain MYCloud devices so you can search across both?
  2. Can you run multiple MYCloud devices off the same router and just access separately.
  3. Bite the bullet and jump to a 8tb or larger RAID/Mirror where 6tb is eaten up by existing data?

Other ideas/thoughts? Thanks.

Tony

1. I don’t think so.
  2. Yes you can have multiple My Clouds on the same network.
  3. It is up to you.
  4. You can attach a external USB disk and have access to both.

@tonylazz

I have two now, a 1st generation and a 2nd generation My Cloud. I bought the second one about a week ago. It was easy to set up and is connected to my router. I can view both by using the Desktop app. See image below. You see both my WDMYCLOUD and my WDMyCloudTwo. To add devices all you have to do is click on the Add Device.

Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

I have Windows 10 so I can also view what is on both by using File Explorer>Network.

Thanks for your reply. By #4, do you mean I can plug a My Passport or G Drive into the MYCLOUD without issue and with full access?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the confirmation that I can have multiple MYCLOUDS on the same network. Now the ? becomes how much new storage to buy!
Have a great day.
Tony

Not sure what a G drive is? But I’ve hooked up USB thumb drives, EasyStore drives My book drives.
They all work. They become public shares that you can map to windows or Mac’s.

It’s a brand similar to WD’s Passport