Standby question

When I press the power button on the remote control does this turn OFF the device, or put it in standby?

Why I ask: I have my media library set to re-scan only during standby, but this is not working unless I’m not understanding something. My medial library is currently comprised of a single Windows shared folder. Let’s say I have 5 videos in there and eveything is working fine. Then I hit the power button on the remote. Then I use a computer to copy a few more videos into the shared folder on my server. I can wait a few hours, or even an entire day… I expected that the WDTV was re-scanning during this time, but when I turn it back on there are no new files in the media library. They ONLY appear if I do a manual scan. So what am I missing?

A quick press of ON/OFF is standby. Only the front light shuts off. Ext drives are active as is the network.

A 5 sec press of ON/OFF shuts power off. 

Does this mean the power button on the remote AND on the front of the WDTV?

And also, what about my media library issue. That was the main question.

jjd228 wrote:

Does this mean the power button on the remote AND on the front of the WDTV?

There is no power button on the box itself.

Can’t answer your other question because I don’t use that feature anyway.

What is the idle time set for the device to go to Standby/Sleep mode? Is there any way to disable Standby/Sleep on the unit?

I DID NOT GET A WORKING/CORRECT MODEL OF REMOTE WHEN I PURCHASED THE UNIT. (As i purchased it from abroad, i dont know how to claim warranty.) The issue is as i dont have a remote for the unit, there is no power button to bring back the device from standby, so I have unplug and plug the power everytime. I tried doing it by my sony ex720 remote through HDMI CEC. No go.

Can anyone help?

sim_tcr wrote:

What is the idle time set for the device to go to Standby/Sleep mode? Is there any way to disable Standby/Sleep on the unit?

I DID NOT GET A WORKING/CORRECT MODEL OF REMOTE WHEN I PURCHASED THE UNIT. (As i purchased it from abroad, i dont know how to claim warranty.) The issue is as i dont have a remote for the unit, there is no power button to bring back the device from standby, so I have unplug and plug the power everytime. I tried doing it by my sony ex720 remote through HDMI CEC. No go.

Can anyone help?> * * *

Purchase a Logitech remote and go to  the web site and download the remote settings for the SMP.

Cheers

… or go to the WD Store and buy the WD remote.

What is the idle time set for the device to go to Standby/Sleep mode?

There isn’t one.   Unless you’re setting the Sleep Timer during media playback.

Is there any way to disable Standby/Sleep on the unit?

Since it’s not automatic, there’s no need for such a function.

Then how does unit light goes off automatically after sometime?

sim_tcr wrote:

Then how does unit light goes off automatically after sometime?

I have no idea.