Stability issues with WD Sync and EX2?

Anyone else has stability issues with EX2 and the new WD Sync?

Looks like the content database on EX2 that WD Sync uses gets corrupted on a regular basis, like every day.

If you start getting something like that in your logs (on Mac you can go to Console application to view them):

10/2/15 11:44:26.578 AM WD Sync Service[11250]: [NASVolumeFolderChangesThread:EX2:WDSync] Error requesting metaDBInfo (2.1 API) for share ‘WDSync’ from the Personal Cloud device ‘EX2’. REST error = kHTTPStatusCode_BadRequest. REST error message = ‘Error in DB file location’.

… it means that you need to rebuild your content database in order for sync to work. I had that in the very beginning, and then I rebuilt the database and was able to sync my documents to find the same error the next morning. I rebuilt the database yesterday evening, and it was still working in the morning, but I’m starting to get these messages again now. 

WD needs to work on reliability and error diagnostics. I mean you have absolutely no other way to tell if it’s working unless you look in the logs. WD Sync will tell you that your EX2 is up to date when in fact it’s not! It just silently ignores the errors.  If you think your WD Sync works properly, drop a new file in the My Cloud dir or any other sync folder you have and see if it gets synced. 

It was also constantly crashing when trying to synchronize an Aperture library file, and couldn’t go ahead until I removed it from the folder. Good thing I’m not using Aperture anymore.

This is unacceptable behavior for sync utility and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Hi there,

We have passed this along to support.