Ssh and rss feeder

Hello everyone, 

I’ts the first time that I’m visiting the forum, I just bought a mycloud ex2 and it is working great. I would like to use transmission with an rss feed, but I can’t install anything using ssh. I have some experience with open-wrt and I thought I could use the nas the same way.

As anyone got a solution of how to use rss or install software on this thing besides the pre-installed apps? Even if it’s unsuported I think I should be able to run the software I need to adapt it to my needs. 

I got python but I can’t install pip to install flexget … but even something very simple like leech would be suficient. If anyone has any solution I would be gratefull to read it :smiley:

Thanks 

I am sorry if I misunderstood, but I know Transmission is one of those available apps. Also, you mentioned you cannot install anything using SSH - well, if you are looking to install anything outside of the apps supplied then you WILL have to install using SSH.

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

Transmission is indeed one of the supported apps, but I can’t manually change the settings.json file because it reverts back to the original state when I stopt and restart Transmission (so no watch folder) - or I am missing something (more probable!!!).

Also I would like to install flexget or even fetch to get rss, but it doesn’t seem to be possible since I am not able to install pip! I would like to know if there is any workaround for this.