SSD prevents BIOS from starting

Hello,

So I recently bought a WD Blue SN550 500 GB which was meant to replace the mSATA M.2 from my laptop. However, when I plug this SSD into my laptop, the latest don’t boot on my bootable USB stick and I’m not able to access its BIOS.

My laptop is an ASUS Vivobook X512DA, I can access bios by pressing the F2 when the original SSD is pluged in, or the NVMe SSD from my other PC and even when there’s no SSD pluged in, but I can’t access BIOS with this new SSD.

Thank you in advance

Almost the same case here,

My laptop is an ASUS TUF FX505DT. I bought a WD Blue SN550 500GB too, installed it in the NVMe slot, and my laptop cannot boot. I can still see the Asus logo, but I cannot enter BIOS or do anything at all.

Things I have tried:

• Pulled out my WD Green SATA SSD and just plug the WD Blue Nvme, the boot process stuck at Asus logo, no BIOS.
  • Put back my WD Green SATA SSD and pull out the WD Blue Nvme, the system is boot normally again.
  • Update to the latest BIOS (ver 310), still no luck.
  • Enter BIOS, disable SVM, Fastboot, Secure Boot etc and then plug back the WD Blue Nvme, still no luck.

Am I missing something here?

Seems like I’ve forgotten to update my post here, I had to update my BIOS and everything works fine for my case.

Try to format you new SSD and create a partition table if there’s not one already. To do so you can download GParted and create a live usb.

Well, I have updated my BIOS but my sistem still cannot boot, stuck at ASUS logo and cannot enter BIOS.