SSD glitching/rebooting 1-3 times an hour

i have an asus rog g strix g713gt. i recently upgraded the secondary sshd (firecuda 1tb) to a ssd (wd blue 1tb). The ssd works flawlessly when i connect it externally via usb but the moment i connect it internally it restarts 1-3times an hour randomly freezing everything that was accessing data from it… The event viewer logs the following warning/error everytime this incident happens “event 129 storahci Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.”

Laptop Model : ASUS ROG G STRIX G713GT
Processor : Intel i7 9th gen
Ram : 16gb

There are no pending updates for drivers or windows. Already had the power plan set to performance with all power savings off and all settings set to max performance… Edited the registry to add the drive to lpm state list. Also edited the registry to turn on ahci power management option in power settings and set it to active… The driver shown is standard ahci driver from 2006 in device manager… Please help :slight_smile:

Hi @quantark ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask