Squeezeserver

No longer supported. Would be nice to get it back, for those of us with Squeezeboxes and their kin. Now reduced to running Logitech Media Server on my Windows desktop - sigh.

1 Like

Hi,

The app is no longer supported on My Cloud OS 5 devices. Thank you for understanding
and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

This is ridiculous. The ability to run Squeezeserver is one of the main reasons I bought this product. It worked great on OS 3. Now I’m forced to run Squeezeserver on my desktop, which means never putting the desktop to sleep. Why was this removed? Are there plans to bring it back?

1 Like

I guess we should have read all the documentation before hitting the upgrade button. I suppose a popup warning “do you really want to obliterate your [insert discontinued feature] forever” was nixed by an infernal committee.

On the plus side, I am learning how to run a Squeezeserver, Plex, and perhaps NAS on a Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

Is there any chance to revert the upgrade in this case, please?

Did you figure out a solution? I am likely to stick with OS 3 until it crashes [I don’t need remote access, I don’t think], but would like to learn whether I can just install it myself somehow.

• Peter

Nope, and I’m still annoyed about it!