Spotify Service on WD TV Live

Dear All, just 2 month ago I bought a WD TV Live, just to replace my former WD TV. Looking to have network capability.

Today I’m surprised to see WDC has new product on this range with some features really appreciated for me. Spotify acess. 

My question is just to know if some firmware upgrade will give my WD TV Live, spotify functionality.

I really hope so, I’m not rich to buy a player every 6 months.

Best regards and congrats for your products.

OtchThor

1 Like

At this moment, there is not any information if this will be added to the WD TV Live or the Plus. Furthermore, WD does not reveal any information of what will be added in future firmware updates.

1 Like

I bought my WD TV Live one week ago after reading on the Spotify website that Spotify was now available on the WD TV Live. Right here:  http://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2011/10/06/wd-tv-live/

Except its not really is it? Its available (if I understand correctly) on the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player and not the WD TV Live Media Player (the one I just bought). I am also not rich enough to buy a new media player everytime a new online service is released and I have to say I feel fairly cheated. I may have misunderstood something along the way but I am inclined to believe I have been misled.

Yes it plays my own movies very well, but my laptop was doing a good job of that already and I dont think the $100 I shelled out justifies what amounts to basically a handful of trailers of TV series I dont want to watch, a weather service that insists on showing me the US (I live in Turkey), and a remote control.

I do hope Spotify will be added to these other, apparently older devices that are still available commercially because this is very poor.

Constantino wrote:

I do hope Spotify will be added to these other, apparently older devices that are still available commercially because this is very poor.

WD hasn’t sold the 2009 model in quite a while.   Some retailers still keep old stuff for sale, though…

Hi

I can’t see a manufacture date on the device but the box is dated 2011 with a WD copyright of 2010. Possibly WD haven’t sold this model in the US since 2009 but that is not true for the rest of the world. I do accept that the retailer deserves responsibility though.

C

Same problem here, i have actually updated from WD TV to WD TV live plus for the network and web  but  its really greedy to expect customers to upgrade their hardware for spotify and for the minor upgrades which the new WD TV have. You know very well that all it takes its just a sofware upgrade to enable WD TV live to have that functionality…Really… WD…shame on you! You should treat your customers better!