Spotify (Premium Only)?

Well I was shock to see today that I can’t use my free membership with supported ads on the ed player as you have to have a premium account. Did Spotify not allow the free accounts on the player?

I’m assuming this is along the same lines as what Hulu did. They have a free “computer-only” version, and only allow premium (Hulu Plus) access from other devices.

I think you need to ask that question at Spotify i think.

I would also very much like to use my free account.

I think they only have the free version running on the desktop.

For tv devices and mobile phones it’s only able to get access to Spotify with a Premium account.

I was done with it the moment I found out any new account had to have it linked to Facebook.  No thank you.

Sorwen wrote:

I was done with it the moment I found out any new account had to have it linked to Facebook.  No thank you.

You can always make a “bogus” facebook account… I have like 15 of them…

Yes, but first that is against the TOS (part of why I missed out on getting my name on face book though they changed the rule on nicknames later) and second I really don’t like having to link tons of things together just to simply accomplish one simple thing.  I protest what little I can by simply not using the services in the first place.  A single person means nothing, but it makes me feel better.

I can certainly understand that…

Being against their TOS doesn’t really matter to me. so long as the names “sound” real, who cares… It gets you functionality you wouldn’t otherwise have, and they don’t get any of your real details.