Speeding up wireless transfer

hi,

i just got a 3 tb live book and i have it connected to my wireless network using a regular siemens wireless network adapter, ( which also 3-4 wired connections).

so here is the thing i am transferring some files to it, movies to be exact, and the transfer is really slow. its going on at about, 1-2 mbps. when i do the same sort of transfers to my desktop, which is wired to the network adapter, the transfer rate is quiet high. even when i transfer files to other wireless devices its higher. also i feel like during the transfers internet speed reduces as well.

any suggestions?

thanks for the help in advance.

Hopefully, you’ll get an answer in the correct board.

RE:

“hi, i just got a 3 tb live book and i have it connected to my wireless network using a regular siemens wireless network adapter, ( which also 3-4 wired connections).”

I am assuming that the MyBookLive section of the forum is the correct place to post responses to questions about the my book live WD drive…

If not, maybe it is a place for helpful responses…

I offer no other solution but to connect the source and the MBL to the same switch/router, via ethernet; preferrably gigabit switch and CAT6/CAT6A cable.

When trying to copy from a 1T MBL to a 2T MBL, I ended up having to connect both drives to a gigabit switch  and also connecting the laptop to the switch via ethernet.

After taking the time to complete dissassemble the network and move everything I was trying to access to a common point, I was able to increase the throughput from under 1mb to over 10mb.

I added the 2T MBL to the network so I could backup the Macs via Time Machine, in  an attempt to decrease the backup time from days to hours when using the MBL with Time Machine as advertised to be compatible.

Good luck;  It may be best to schedule a vacation and let it work at it’s own speed while you aren’t there to watch the paint dry.