Speed, User Interface, Mac! URGENT

Hi!

Since my last WD harddrived crashed a couple of days ago, I decided to buy a new one yesterday. The store recomended the 3 tb my cloud. It would be easy, fast etc etc etc…

It is really slow. It takes several minutes to copy 1 GB, and it comes with a user interface ( The My Cloud application) that is really horrible. I work with music production, so I have a lot av samples that I need to copy/paste/cut /edit etc, and I’m not sure if it will be the same with this harddrive. Sure, I can access the drive through finder, but still is not as easy.

How do I do to speed it up?

I have a mac, and a D- Link DIR 636-L router. 

In Sweden the stores open in 2 hours, and it right now it looks like I will return it!

Best regards mperor

Hello,

Make sure to check all the physical connection and the firewall setting on the router to confirm that router’s firewall is not blocking the connection.

Another thing that you can try to improve the connectivity with the unit is not use a Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cables.

I’d try with a wired connection to test if there’s a wireless bottleneck. Your old drive could also still be under warranty. This can be confirmed in the following link:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/915/

Regards,

Thanks for your help, but I’m affraid I returned it to the store earlier today. This was probably among the worst products I ever bought. I wouldn’t recomend this to anyone. Instead I bought a 3 TB WD My Book. Works like a baby!

ERmorel wrote:

Hello,

Make sure to check all the physical connection and the firewall setting on the router to confirm that router’s firewall is not blocking the connection.

Another thing that you can try to improve the connectivity with the unit is not use a Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cables.

What cable should be used if not a cat5 or cat6??

Well, I guess there is several different things I could do, but nothing should ever be this complicated. Sorry, but the WD My Cloud is not ready yet. At this point it is not a product that I can recomend to anyone of my friends. I’ll go with the standard WD My book!